Mumbai Consulate : New Photograph Requirements

kkulkar

Registered Users (C)
My Interview is scheduled at Mumbai Consulate on December 18, 2003.

On Mumbai Consulate website, I saw the new photograph requirement. I am enclosing it's content. Please let me and other December 2003 Interview Candidates know is this a fact? Is that how "My Own Photo Studio" made your photographs. October and November 2003 guys, please respond. !!

New Photograph Requirements

Please note the new photo size:

1. The photograph must measure 2 inches by 2 inches (approximately 50 mm by 50 mm).
2. The photograph must have been taken in the last six months.
3. The applicant must face the camera directly in the photograph. No side or angled views are acceptable. The face on the photograph must occupy approximately 40-50% of the entire photograph.
4. The photograph may either be in color or black and white, but must have a plain white or off-white background. Photos with colored, dark, or patterned backgrounds will not be accepted.
5. For persons wearing glasses, there must be no reflection around the eyes. Whenever possible, the applicant's ears should show in the photograph.

Packet 4 info

Hi Kkulkar

I was looking through Packet 4 checklist @ NWD embassy and it is mentioned clearly that people residing in the US should get PCC from local Indian consulate. This is different from packet 3 info in that packet 3 list does not say it this clearly. Did you get packet 4 from Mumbai consulate which states anything this clearly? I have not received any reply from Mumbai to my email query regarding PCC.

KAT02

KAT02

Hi KAT02,
I have not yet received P4 from Consulate. But KD1403 had his interview so did Rohufish.

For both these candidates, PCC from City Police Commissioner was not asked.

Also, if you refer to the FAQ Section on the website, they very clearly tell us to obtain consulate PCC if we are applied for visa from outside India.

Hope this helps

AC-I140

Hi Kkulkar and KATO
A question to you both, please help
I am from VSC. I dont know when they will finally approve my case so was considering AC-I140 as via this route Im pretty sure I can have the GC by April-04. I have always been in status, same job for past 6 yrs and will have this job at least for 6 more months at the very least (no job security issues, just want the GC faster)
VSC 485 RD AUG 2002
FP1 OCT 2002
H1 EXPIRES IN Dec 2003 (Have approved EAD and AP)
I am given to understand that if I file 824, along with the 824 receipt my 485 is withdrawn? and that I cannot work on EAD from JAN 04 if i file for 824. I need to file 824 in order to get reciept number to file for AC-I140 from Bombay?
Please help if you guys are doing CP thru the AC-I140 route.
Thanks in advance

I got my P4 couple of days ago and it doesnt' talk about new photo requirements. It says that the photo should be from an angle showing right ear etc....

Are you sure of this new photo requirement?

Octa Viva

I checked with other people and that new requirement is for non-Immigrant pictures and not for Immigrant picturer.

photo

we just got GCs from mumbai

best thing to do is get photos from 'my own photo studio' near consulate day before interview. charge is rs200 for 4 photos same day service and rs100 next day.

they will know latest reqmts and act accordingly