Multiple Visitor's Visa to Canada

Guest2003

Hi,
Can anyone share their experience with getting a multiple visitor's visa for Canada?

My mother would be visiting a close relative in Canada from USA and is requesting a Multiple visitor's visa.

Do we need to request for a specific period (for e.g. 6 months) or leave it to the officers to decide? She will be staying for a period of 2-3 months in Canada before returning to USA for a short visit.

Apart from the ones listed on their form, do we need any other documents?
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

hi,

if you found out anything or have any advise/experiences to share for multiple entry visitors visa to Canada, please post it.

Appreciate it very much.

Thanks
Tanvi

Hi,
She did receive her Multiple Entry visitor's visa to Canada. We had supplied all required documentation: Invitation letter from relative in Canada, their financial statements, an affidavit from the relative with the same content as the invitation letter. We also sent documents for ties to her home country (she is in USA currently, though her home country is India).

She already had been to Canada once with a single entry visa and exited Canada. That may have helped in her getting a multiple this time.

We mailed the application to Los Angeles Consulate and received it within 5 business days.

Let me know if you have specific questions and I will do my best to answer it.

thanks for replying !!!

what dates did you put on the form... a year ? for how long did they approve it? Has she been to canada since then...if so at the Port of entry , did she face questions and for how long did they stamp. I am not too sure if the travel is valid like the I-94 here in the USA.

Thanks a lot again !!

-Tanvi

Hi,
We had selected Multiple Entry on the application form and entered 4 months for the period of stay (matches her return ticket dates).

They gave her a 4 yr multiple entry, maybe to match her passport expiry.

She has yet to enter Canada on this visa, but the first time she went to Canada, they did not ask her any questions and did not stamp a specific date on her passport. From what I have read, its automatically valid for 6 months unless the officer at the port of entry stamps a different date.

Hope this helps.

I am so glad for your mom. Lets see what happens with our application. I will be going personally to the DC Consulate.

Have a nice day !!
-Tanvi