multiple I-40/485's? - please help

java2king

Registered Users (C)
have my labor pending (EB-3) RIR with a company "X" in Dallas for the past 2 years.

A company (Y) has offered to process me as a future employer, using a pre-approved LC and has offered to wait until my 140 is approved for me to join him?

Questions.

1. Can I file 2 simulataneous I-140's / I-485's in case the first laboor cert gets approved too?

2. Company Y is about 150 to 200 people strong and substantially smaller than the company I current work for, what are risks being a future employee for the green card?

My aim is to get the 140/485 process started asap, but I don't want to jeopardize my chances at the same time..

Please help me decide..

thanks,

Nova

1. Can I file 2 simulataneous I-140's / I-485's in case the first laboor cert gets approved too?

You can file 2 I140's simultaneously, but not I485 I guess. Its better to file 140/485 concurrently with one company and 140 with consulate processing with another company if you have two options.

2. Company Y is about 150 to 200 people strong and substantially smaller than the company I current work for, what are risks being a future employee for the green card?

The risks are always same for either future employment or not.

Also, I think, 140's should be filed in different service centers if you want to file two of them on your name.

Check with a lawyer.

Thanks Ram, I'll consult with the lawyer...but I don't want either company to know :) , that's my quandry!

Nova

The lawyers represent both the employee and employer. So by law they are supposed to maintain confidentiality. It might be a good idea to ensure that your conversations with them remain confidential before discussing with them.

Good Luck
-htammana
FP Received: 06/25/2004
FP Appt: 07/30/2004
FP done: 07/17/2004

java2king said:
Thanks Ram, I'll consult with the lawyer...but I don't want either company to know :) , that's my quandry!

Nova