Mr. Jim or Jaxen Please Help????

Dada Babu

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I have a question regarding the letter of employment. For interview you need to take a letter from your employer showing you are still working with them. I work for a public agency, so to accommodate my salary increase they promoted me into a senior position (with different position title than mentioned on my LC). But am doing the exactly same job as I was doing from the beginning. In my employment letter, my employer did not mention any position title because they did not want put the old title as that could potentially create a problem as a public entity.

But my attorney said it could create problem during the interview. My employment letter simply stated that I am working full-time and permanent and they will continue to offer me the job as full-time and permanent in the future and at the end they mentioned my salary.

I am very confused and anxious. If indeed, it is problem how can I solve it? what are the options open in front of me? anybody have any advice or thoughts??

Please!!!

Thanks in Advance.

Public agency?!?

By public agency do you mean a federal agency or a state agency? If so they should know that INS is another federal agency which will also insist on consistency.
Option 1:
So your first attempt to fix this problem has to be with your company.

Now why do you think you will get an interview? Did you change your job? If you had been with the sponsoring company all along then a promotion should not be an issue. Option 2: If the title change is an obvious elevation (like programmer analyst to Sr. Programmer analyst) you don\'t have to worry. Find a lawyer who can do this.

How come the lawyer does not speak to your employer? In most companies companies give the letter as per lawyer\'s specs. What is lawyer\'s objection? Does the lawyer say that you should be demoted ? Does the lawyer feel that the responsibilities have significantly changed? It is clear from AC21 that responsibilites, title and salary (in that pecking order) are important to determine whether 2 jobs are different with bulk of the emphasis on responsibilities. You need to talk frankly with your lawyer. Option 3: Ask the lawyer to provide a solution .
My thoughts....

What are my options!!!!!!!!

Applied H1b visa in 1998, working with the same employer. Current H-1b valid till 2004. Applied for I485 September 2001, never applied for EAD, just finished 180 days, done finger printing in February 22nd 2002. I485 was applied at Vermont Service Center. Background MBA degree, B.Sc in Finance EB-2 catagory.
Due to slow down and layoffs company is not doing well & I can understand the position. What should I do in case company close or ask me to leave. Chances of survival at current circumstances are 20% or less. Please advise.

Mr. Jaxen

Actually the agency is quasi-public non-profit, it is a state authorized independent agency (e.g. Transit Authority or Regional Planning Commission). They know the consistency and that is why they did not mention any job title on the letter (which my attorney is taking for interview this week).

I have never changed the job and with the sponsoring company all the time. The only thing I can think of is that my wife\'s date of birth was incorrect in her passport as well as on visa when she came to the US, which we already fixed. In my opinion, my lawyer is very reluctant because when he send the draft of employment letter to my employer he mentioned the job title (which is on LC) then my director told me it will not be possible for him to write that job title because it is not my job title anymore. Then I talked to my lawyer to tell that, he seemed angry and told me what ever they want to write let them do it. Then my employer wrote the letter just confirming that my job is full time and parmanent and they will continue to provide me the position in the future. and they also mentioned my current salary.

Also the title change is not that straight forward as you wrote in your response.

I donot know what my lawyer feels about the title change because he never discussed that with me, but since I am doing the job I can tell you that my job didnot change since I started with this agency back in 1997.

I asked my lawyer to provide a solution but he said that this employment letter is ok, but at first he said it could be a problem.

I already have received the interview notice but I am not sure why and my interview is in this week. do you know any good attorneys in Boston area? in case I need one.

Do you have any suggestion Mr. Jaxen?

Suggestion...

If the lawyer is confident I do not see any conflict. However, I know a friend who is Boston and who has employed Mr.Khanna (mere coincidence) to represent my friend for the GC interview. Good Luck. Maybe Jim has a different perspective.

Regd DOB change in passport

Hi Dada Babu

you had mentioned in this forum that you got your wife's DOB in passport and visa changed. How did you do that? What is the procedure? Please let me know. I too have the same problem and need to get my DOB changed in passport.

If you can give me your contact number that would be great!

Thanks
gc_applicant02