Moved to Interview

Waiting_May2002

Registered Users (C)
A collegue of mine got a fax saying his case has been transferred to interview. How does this work? and what are the questions he can expect?

He is a WAC03 with a RD in November 2003 and has 1 EAD.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

The major problem with interview cases is that sometimes it takes a long time to get an appointment. In San Jose, it's not that bad, about 1,5 months. However, SFO is screwed.
In the interview notice, they'll tell him what he needs to carry - probably the originals of all filed documents as well as evidence that marriage is still "bonafide" and employment verification letter.
The questions are general, usually to establish that the company is legal, not fictitious, then about marriage and that's mostly it. After these, the IIO goes through all paperwork, asks for original birt certificate, original marriage certificate (with translations), looks if FBI anf background check went well. Then she looks at medicals and if everything seems OK, she stamps the passport.
Sometimes they sent applicants to interviews for a reason, in which case your friend would get to know it if not in the interview notice then in person.

ruxrux,
What's your status now?. did you get approved. I know that you were sent back to do TD vaccine

We submitted my wife's vaccine record to San Jose CIS last Monday. Status - still waiting.

I'm afraid that they'll ask for my TD next time, since I hadn't done it either. But the instructions on RFE that IIO gave us clearly said "my wife needs TD vaccine".

Waiting_May2002 said:
A collegue of mine got a fax saying his case has been transferred to interview. How does this work? and what are the questions he can expect?

He is a WAC03 with a RD in November 2003 and has 1 EAD.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Wouldn't a Nov 2003 case be actually WAC04 ( instead of WAC03 ??? )