Motor Voter Trouble

kads27

Hi all. My boyfriend is a permanent resident and recently finished his interview for the citizenship process. He passed everything but was questioned about voting. When he received his license, he was also registered to vote at the MVA. He is 100% sure that he said NO to the question asking if he is a US Citizen but unfortunately, there is no proof since the MVA did not keep a copy of the application that he filled out. He was registered anyway and received a voter registration card in the mail earlier this year. I, along with his friends and family, were confused but figured that he would be allowed to vote in this local/state/primary election, since it was not the general election. With this encouragement, he voted in the primaries, innocently without a purpose to sabotage the system or abuse this right. The IO simply told him to turn in some forms pertaining to the voter registration and it sounded like he should be good to go. Any advice or previous stories? Some have given me hope and others have made me just about ready to prepare for his deportation. That is the last thing any of us want. Any help is appreciated. Thank you so very much, I promise he is an amazing guy with no bad intentions!

He voted as an LPR?????

Hahahahahahahahaha

Clearly your friends who are telling you not to worry are also the ones who told you it's OK for him to vote without being a citizen.

He could have at least search online before he went and vote. There are a lot of cases with MVA and clicking register to vote for LPR and they have to go to a lot of trouble just to prove they were not involved without voting.

Say good bye to him. I'm not on expert on deportation but I doubted he will ever see the citizenship anytime soon.

This is a big offense. If not a crime to vote when you are not a citizen.

Look OP, your path will be difficult - but I don't think you case is impossible.

Your BF needs to demonstrate that he did not vote. That's it. Read other threads on issues like this and you'll see people get approved. Good luck and let us know how it goes.