mortgage application with ead

anu3982

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

trying to apply for mortgage -currently with ead/parole (eb3)-no valid visa-the mortgage broker says u need valid visa or permanent green card to apply or else you wont get the loan-anybody gone thru this-what is the solution?

anupriya

Hello,

trying to apply for mortgage -currently with ead/parole (eb3)-no valid visa-the mortgage broker says u need valid visa or permanent green card to apply or else you wont get the loan-anybody gone thru this-what is the solution?

anupriya

We bought a house in 2005 while on EAD and pending AOS....so it is possible. But I don't know if things have changed since then

We bought in June 09, using EAD and 485 receipt for legal status proof. It wasn't a cake-walk finding a lender/under-writer while in AOS, but if you look around you do find few that are willing to work with you.

Hello,

anupriya

I got mine in Feb09, My broker wanted to close the deal so he had to go through all the hoops. On the other hand I didnt care. I guess it was possible/easier for him since I was willing to put 20% down.

Most underwriters do not understand EAD. Most lenders guidelines would say valid H1 or Green Card.

I'm a loan broker in CA. PM me if you want help/more info.

Aug 09

I bought in one of the worst time for Banks in Aug 09.

It was a cake walk for me getting a mortgage just on EAD.