More than 90 days since interview, interesting episodes

madh4

Registered Users (C)
Yesterday was my 92 day from interview date. Made an Infopass and went. First reaction of the officer come after 45-60 days. When i said i have already waited 90 days he looked in the computer and said background checks are still not over. He would not allow me to meet my IO or Supervisors. He claimed USCIS has 120 days to act. So i requested him to initiate a Service Request. Next he said, as my interview was on 04/21 and yesterday was 07/21 it is not yet 90 days. I told him month of May has 31days and i am there after 90 days and he would not agree. I was wondering how to educate the bloke to count days. Luckily i had a newspaper and it had 92day of Gulf oil leak since 04/20 and i pushed the paper across the counter. He reluctantly agreed to initiate a SR.

I will wait for another 30 days and on 122 day will file Pro Se suit under 1447(b).

My spouse had more interesting episode. She could not find time to make Infopass. We decided she can initiate a SR by calling 1-800 number. She requested the person answering the phone to initiate a SR. After verification he informed her she is within the processing time and hence they cannot make SR. The priority date attended at Field office for N-400 is 12/26/2009 and her priority date is 12/30/2009 and hence 4 days short. He told her to call after 4 days. Being curious we checked in USCIS website the processing time. For our field office the Processing time frame for N-400 as on 31May2010 was 12/26/2009. Naturally as on date it would have advanced . She called 1-800 number again to insist to take some action. Another officer attended this time. After listening to her, he said there is an annotation in her file "action to be taken after 4 days". He regretted he cannot take any action and call after 4 days. Strange are the ways of USCIS. We decided next week she will make an Infopass and try her luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday was my 92 day from interview date. Made an Infopass and went. First reaction of the officer come after 45-60 days. When i said i have already waited 90 days he looked in the computer and said background checks are still not over. He would not allow me to meet my IO or Supervisors. He claimed USCIS has 120 days to act. So i requested him to initiate a Service Request. Next he said, as my interview was on 04/21 and yesterday was 07/21 it is not yet 90 days. I told him month of May has 31days and i am there after 90 days and he would not agree. I was wondering how to educate the bloke to count days. Luckily i had a newspaper and it had 92day of Gulf oil leak since 04/20 and i pushed the paper across the counter. He reluctantly agreed to initiate a SR.

I will wait for another 30 days and on 122 day will file Pro Se suit under 1447(b).

My spouse had more interesting episode. She could not find time to make Infopass. We decided she can initiate a SR by calling 1-800 number. She requested the person answering the phone to initiate a SR. After verification he informed her she is within the processing time and hence they cannot make SR. The priority date attended at Field office for N-400 is 12/26/2009 and her priority date is 12/30/2009 and hence 4 days short. He told her to call after 4 days. Being curious we checked in USCIS website the processing time. For our field office the Processing time frame for N-400 as on 31May2010 was 12/26/2009. Naturally as on date it would have advanced . She called 1-800 number again to insist to take some action. Another officer attended this time. After listening to her, he said there is an annotation in her file "action to be taken after 4 days". He regretted he cannot take any action and call after 4 days. Strange are the ways of USCIS. We decided next week she will make an Infopass and try her luck.

I think it is time for you to start asking your members of Congress for help. 90 days past the interview is long enough, and via a congressional inquiry you'll get a more informative and accurate response than through a USCIS service request (those usually result in one sentence formulaic non-responses).

We decided next week she will make an Infopass and try her luck.

They are playing games with you by refusing to open SR by a day or so. As Baikal said, contact congressperson to get involved with the status of your case.

They are playing games with you by refusing to open SR by a day or so. As Baikal said, contact congressperson to get involved with the status of your case.

We already contacted Congressperson after 75 days and got a reply within 3 days from his office. They had forwarded a reply from USCIS to their query. USCIS said they are still awaiting background verification and will decide soon.

We already contacted Congressperson after 75 days and got a reply within 3 days from his office. They had forwarded a reply from USCIS to their query. USCIS said they are still awaiting background verification and will decide soon.
In that case, prepare to file 1447(b).

I filed 1447 2 months ago for both me and my wife. When I call 800, they said my wife's case is still pending but mine is approved 1 month ago. I went for infopass a week ago and they said both cases are still pending and there is no approval for anyone. I have done everything that anyone can think of and finally 1447b. Its been over 7 months since our interview and no approval/oath letter. Very frustrating.....

I filed 1447 2 months ago for both me and my wife. When I call 800, they said my wife's case is still pending but mine is approved 1 month ago. I went for infopass a week ago and they said both cases are still pending and there is no approval for anyone. I have done everything that anyone can think of and finally 1447b. Its been over 7 months since our interview and no approval/oath letter. Very frustrating.....
You filed 1447(b) and you're still going for Infopass? Your energy needs to be focused on the court case and filing the appropriate motion(s) to get them to adjudicate your case. Has the AAG contacted you yet?

gcdetails, Hope your lawyer has completed filing of receipts of summons. You should get a hearing soon as it is almost 2 months since filing suit . By the way did you file one suit or two separately for both of you???

gcdetails,

Did you ask them why are they doing a overseas investigation? As your GC is employment based i presume you stayed in the US even before the GC, thus as per the details asked on N400 which only goes back to 5 yrs, overseas stay should be irrelevant by now. Did you stay more than 6 months out of the country after GC? Are you from any country which has a red flag like pakistan and or were you living in any of those countries for 6 months or more after GC?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I never stayed more than 1 month outside US and only stayed 70 days outside in last 11 years. Yes, its been more than 2 months since the lawsuit is filed and there is no response. AUSA never contacted the lawyer but the lawyer is trying to get in touch with them. God knows when it will be completed. We filed 2 separate 1447b as these are 2 separate cases.