Montreal – Time to get Oath after interview

fadi82

Hello guys,

I waited 27 months - after passing the exam - for an interview with a citizenship judge to be scheduled. Assuming the judge approves my application. How long will it take to receive the Oath letter?

Thank you,

My timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on June 27, 2005.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called A Look at Canada on June 27, 2005. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on September 21, 2005.

Your file was transferred to the Montréal CIC office on October 18, 2005. The Montréal CIC office will contact you if additional information is required. The Montréal CIC office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.

We sent you a notice on January x, 2006 to ****, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, to appear and write the citizenship test on February x, 2006 at x:xx AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on April x, 2008 to appear for an interview with a citizenship judge on April xx, 2008 at x:xx PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

How many days were you outside Canada during your qualification period? What prompted CIC to send your case to a citizenship judge?

I waited 27 months - after passing the exam - for an interview with a citizenship judge to be scheduled. Assuming the judge approves my application. How long will it take to receive the Oath letter?

I went outside Canada only once (30 days) during my qualification period.
Also, I applied with 30 days more than the required number of days of physical presence.
Do you know how long will it take for the judge to make a decision and then to get the oath letter?

Thanks.