Month of MAY filers, here is your thread

can you tell me what document you have brought to the interview? Do I need to bring a copy of those documents I have sent to them, for example, the form regarding health exam, tax return etc?

Also one of the document that is required is a certify copy of marriage certificate. How can I get a certify copy of it? Is the original one good enough? Or do I need to go to the town hall to do something?

Thanks,

Congratulations ... nothing to do now but wait... and gather your documents.

Good Luck!

can you tell me what document you have brought to the interview? Do I need to bring a copy of those documents I have sent to them, for example, the form regarding health exam, tax return etc?

Also one of the document that is required is a certify copy of marriage certificate. How can I get a certify copy of it? Is the original one good enough? Or do I need to go to the town hall to do something?

Thanks,

What I did was I took the originals of everything I submitted - the IO specifically asked to see our birth certificates and marriage certificate and matched them up with the copies that I submitted - just to make sure they were the same.

I also brought more bank statements that showed that we still have our financial stuff co-mingled. And I brought other documents that just showed we are doing things as a family unit. The IO also looked over what I had originally sent in and specifically looked at (and marked on a separate paper) things about our life insurance and health insurance forms that showed each other as beneficiaries. If you bring stuff that was not originally submitted, make sure you bring copies for the IO to keep so that they don't have to go out and make the copies themselves. I brought our approval from the state to become foster parents and brought a copy for the IO to keep. He keep it and added it to the file. He appriciated that I brought a copy so that he didn't have to leave the room and make copies.

another may filer - approved in January

Hello friends.

I had my interview at Memphis office on Jan 20th and got approved. I have not posted often here but reviewed a lot of information so I decided to drop a quick note of thanks and appreciation. The information on this website and all the discussions /questions and answers helped me a lot.

I did not use a lawyer and filed my application on May 26th, 2008 and recieved the EAD and travel document in late August. I heard about my interview in December.

The interview was failry short. We got there about half an hour earlier. We got called in within 15 minutes (so actually 15 mins before our scheduled time) and the whole interview took about 15 mins.

After the oath, the officer asked for passports, drivers license, birth-certificates.

After that he asked for documents supporting our marriage - we showed insurance card (medical and auto), bank statement, wedding pictures and marriage license. The bank statement I took with me was the most recent one, he asked if I had any older one. I said no but I may have submitted one with my application. He tried to find it in my folder that in front of him but didnt find it.

He asked the usual questions - when/how did we meet, how long we dated etc. He asked if we had any additional pictures, as we had taken only two from the wedding. I said no, and explained that most of our new pictures are digital and we have stopped printing them. He was okay with that.

He went through the list of yes/no questions and then said that the application is approved and I will recieve my card in 2 weeks. He gave me a letter stating this.

After reviewing some of the other timelines, it seems like my application took about 2 months longer but I am not sure why. Overall, the process went smoothly as far as I was concerned.

Good luck to you all!!
A