mistakes in I797 and LCA

Siddharth1

Registered Users (C)
two Qs:
1) My name has been spelt wrongly on I797 and LCA -- Spelt Siddarth instead of Siddharth (1st \'h\' missing). Its right on my passport and original F1. My lawyers said this is not problem and they will fix it when issuing a visa. Wanted a second opinion on this ... what are your thoughts?
2) Company\'s address has been specified as San Francisco instead of San Carlos on LCA approval. (Street and zip are OK). Is this a problem?

Depends on where are you seeking your Visa stamp...

on the spelling issue. However missing h is not a serious issue. (my opinion)

But LCA might have to be corrected. With online LCA, it should be easy for them(lawyer) to correct the mistake. You need not amend the H1 after the LCA amendment.

No Title

Hi Jaxen,

I am going to stamp in Mumbai. What about the address mismatch (in \'City\')? Do you think that\'s a serious issue?

I am going to India in the middle of next month. Should I just take the LCA I\'ve got now (and update done online) or would I have to take the ammended one if such a one is retuned from the labor department?

-Siddharth

LCA amendment is for city...

IMHO "h" is not a serious issue. Take the amendment if possible. Ask your lawyer to apply now.

To summarise

Thanks Jaxen,

So to summarise: acc. to you spelling change isn\'t a big deal but the LCA ammendment for the city should be done (and can be done online)

Can you tell me the website?

-Siddharth

BTW: Are you an attorney yourself?

Jaxen, other gurus, one more question

I was reading the list of items to take for the drop-box application according to a previous post. One of them mentioned is the company letter of support. One line in this letter mentions prior experience in a company XYZ, California.
While I had done a summer project for 1-2 months there as part of college coursework, it was in India, not California. (This was an error on the part of the attorney -- I\'ve never claimed to have worked in the US prior to my current job.) Apparently, it didn\'t cause any issues when the H1 petition was originally filed. I found out this mistake only when I had the I797 approved and the lawyers gave me a thick stack of papers which was a copy of all the petition documents.
I\'m concerned that if the visa officer (for the drop-box) reads this he might ask me for employment letter from XYZ, California which does not exist. Is the company letter of support required for dropbox applications? Will not only the I129 and LCA do?
BTW, I\'m a F1->H1

I am not an attorney. Jim is...

your summary was right on target. Then you had to come back with the mistake and spoil the party.
You can bet on your life that the visa officer will ask for the employment letter from XYZ. or there is a possibility that you might be asked to appear for an interview. However, generally the current experience and qualifications are what are required for your first app. Good luck.

No Title

So, are you saying that there is no way out of this? The mistake is only there in the company letter of support and nowhere else. Any possible suggestions by anyone would be appreciated.

Besides, except the one post that explicitly mentioned taking the company letter of support for a drop box application, no one else did. Is this document reqd?

No Title

Hi Jaxen,

Please let me know your response to my question (msg #8) above when you get the chance.
As you can imagine, I\'m a bit anxious after your reply. I hadn\'t taken that mistake very seriously until I read one post mentioning that the company letter of support should be included.
I will also get this checked with an attorney. I am debating now whether to travel back to India or not...

Having said that you are not an attorney, you do sound quite certain of what you post on the website. Are you a law student, or someone who has been thru the grind before yourself?

Letter of support...

Is this the letter sent to INS? Consulate will not have any copy of this letter. All they\'ll have is your approval and other personal details in the system.
Get a letter of support from your company that reflects the truth and apply for the stamping...