Mistake in E-filed Reinstatement Form I 539

yrmstr

Hi

I submitted my E-filed I 539 form for reinstatement. Later after the form is submitted and i received a reciept number with the copy of form I 539 form which i filed. I went through the form and I noticed that in the column of COUNTRY OF CITIZENSHIP i wrongly entered it as USA instead of my home country. I am very much confused on how to rectify that because it is already submitted online to Vermont center. I would greatly appreciate if any one can tell me how to process to rectify my form which was already submitted. Thanks in advance.

How did you fix this problem?

Hi yrmstr,

I made a similar mistake to yours. It asked me on my I-539 if I had applied for an immigrant visa or change of status. By change of status I thought they are referring to my current H4 to F1 change of status and answered Yes instead of No. It was a misunderstanding of the question. I just wanted to know how you fixed this problem. Any help or response is much appreciated. I have googling all day trying to find a solution to this so as to avoid an RFE or denial. Thank You!