Missouri SESA Tracker

There is a Chigago DOL board on this website

Have you checked there? It is very active, with posts almost daily about Timelines.

Supervised recruitment

After having advertised again (Supervised recruitment because of RIR remanded back to state), my company has received 33 Resumes from the State Dept. Please someone tell me what are the options tat I have e.g. what happens, if a suitable candidate is available and also willing to Join, what can be the worst case scenario etc.etc. Because my HR Dept. is not all that friendly and their attitude is like - follow the letter of the law.

No ones replying in this thread anymore??

Has everyone in Missouri had their labour certified??
Well, I guess so since no one seems to be replying to this thread anymore.................

pandeyraj

Even one qualified candidate will scuttle (kill) your LC. Your firm is under no obligation to hire any of these candidate, but it does mean that they can't hire you permanently, nor can your GC process continue.

You would be back to square one... and would need to re-submitt a new RIR LC.

I would think that your company would have to wait a few months.

Date Pressure

Hi Nelsona,

The stateforce agency has given a 1 month date in which we are supposed to tackle all these resumes and submit the results, so we cannot delay things at our will.
What are the scenarios that I can face here?
Thanks for your reply....

No delay

I'm not talking about delaying this process, I'm talking about the delay you will undergo before you submit the next RIR LC.

Your currrent process is under the control of MO SESA, so you have no choice but to follow their rules, as you say.

I would think though that it is almost certain that your LC will fail (ie. a qualified candidate will be found). It would seem impossible that 35 candidates could be shown to be un-qualified for your job. But that will be the task of your company over the next month, and the burden of proof will be on your firm to prove that they are not qualified.

One possibility is that none of the qualified candidates would be available to begin, which is a viable reason for removing their candidacy.

I don't think you are in a very good situation, though.

So, the waiting period I was talking about was for submission of another brand new RIR LC. Obviously you can't turn arround 2 weeks after this one fails and submit another one to MO SESA.

Tip: If your company operates in many states, see if they would be willing to submit an LC in a state where the LC would have a better chance of succeeding.

States for easy and fast LC ?

My Company operates in most of the states in the US so Which states would be the best bet for an LC?

LC resubmitted

My lawyer has informed me that my RIR LC, that was rejected by Chicago during the summer, has been resubmitted to MO SESA, after we re-posted both the internal and external job postings.

She assures me that these re-submittals are being put on the "top of the pile" (that is with it's original priority date), and should thus be processed ahead of those whose submission date is after mine (May 2002).

We shall see. Have any others re-submitted yet?

LC resubmitted

I will be resubmitting it by the end of this October and will let you know how its going. By the way, how many resume responses did you get for the External Job Ads. ?

How many responses

None, of course.

Had there been any responses, my firm would have had to take the time to interview and "Disqualify" any candidates.

They had none.

I was not worried about this, since my skillset is very rare, which is why DOL's rejection of my LC in the first place was ludicrous.

LC approved!

Good news for those who had their LC reject by Chicago during the summer.

My LC was re-submitted (about 3 weeks ago) to MO SESA, and has been approved by BOTH MO SESA and Chicago DOL!!

This was as Miss Graves had outlined when LCs were rejected: Once the quick re-posting and submital was re-sent (with no other qualified candidates) the LC would be quickly approved by both her and Chicago.

She was correct.

Don't lose hope! get that re-submittal in!

See you on the I-140/I-485 foums.

LC Approved!!

After a "Remand to State", and going thru the entire process once again, my case has ben finally Certified by the Chicago DOL.
Thankyou everyone for your help and support.

Anyone got LC recently?

my RD is Jan. 28, 2003.
It looks like MOSESA is still working on Nov. 2002 cases. Is there anyone get LC recently? Please share your information.

my LC was filed on Jan 2 2003, not yet cleared.. did any one got cleared who were filed on this month

My LC was filed March 2003 and waiting for approval.

Guys,
Please share your LC status. It would help all of us to know whats going on at our DOL.

Thanks.