Missing I20 Page - Will this be a problem in getting EAD/OPT?

sv_2008

Hello All,
On feb 28th I sent my OPT application to VSC. I got the receipt notice dated march 3th. Now, here is my concern. I do not have all of my old I 20s. I miss only one page(page 3) of one of the I20s. In my application, I have included a letter, as suggested by my foreign student advisor at school, stating that this page is not included in the application as it is neither with me nor with IPO at school. For this reason, should I expect RFE?

Does anyone have/have not gotten EAD/OPT because of the same reason as mine(missing I20 page). Please let me know. Thanks for your help and time

You only need old I-20's that have CPT/OPT recommendation on them. If the missing I-20 was just for school (without CPT/OPT) you don't need to them to apply for OPT.

If the missing I-20 DID have an OPT/CPT on it, talk to your institution's International Student office to see if they have a copy of it on file.

PS. If your CURRENT I-20 is missing, be sure to get a replacement as soon as posisble.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got an RFE for my OPT/EAD processing saying that my sevis records indicate that I had used 2 previous CPT authorizations for 3 months each. They told me to submit both the copies of those previous I-20's indicating CPT start dates. Now the issue is I had lost one of those I-20 containing CPT authorizations. I asked my college but they did not have a copy of it. So I asked my employer where I worked in those 3 months for a copy. My employer was able to provide me with only page 3 of the missing I-20. Page 3 actually contains my CPT authorization dates. But I do not have page 1 of my missing I-20. So I also attached a letter in my RFE response mentioning the same. Will the missing page 1 of one of my I-20 result in my OPT to be denied.

I got an RFE for my OPT/EAD processing saying that my sevis records indicate that I had used 2 previous CPT authorizations for 3 months each. They told me to submit both the copies of those previous I-20's indicating CPT start dates. Now the issue is I had lost one of those I-20 containing CPT authorizations. I asked my college but they did not have a copy of it. So I asked my employer where I worked in those 3 months for a copy. My employer was able to provide me with only page 3 of the missing I-20. Page 3 actually contains my CPT authorization dates. But I do not have page 1 of my missing I-20. So I also attached a letter in my RFE response mentioning the same. Will the missing page 1 of one of my I-20 result in my OPT to be denied.
Hello Mmora028,
I have the same situation as you, I lost one of my I-20 that has CPT approval on it. I just wondering if you get your OPT approval? Thanks!

Best wishes,

What happened then? I have a case of lost cpt i20 form. I am worried and I want to know how to proceed?