Missing Entry Stamp On Passport.

GRAZIELLA30

I am a permanent resident and I noticed my Brazilian passport does not have an entry stamp when I came back from Brazil from a vacation trip. The US immigration officer did not stamp my passport upon entry into Miami Int’l Airport. Now I am applying for my citizenship and I am afraid that his could be an issue. So in the last 5 years I had 8 trips but I have only 7 entry stamps on my passport. The only document that I have is my eletronic ticket from this trip. So... what should I do before I send my Form N-400 Application for Naturalization ? Thanks !

I guess you should hold onto to the boarding pass stub and other paperwork that shows that you actually took the trip (not just buying for the trip) and also the date of the return trip etc.... During interview, if the IO actually goes through your passport stamps and asks for the missing stamp, then show the documents while explaining that the POE officer possibly forgot to stamp it and you noticed it only recently. BTW, there should be a exit stamp from the Brazilian immigration on the day you returned to USA with the missing entry stamp right? You can also talk about it during interview. You should be fine I guess.

I guess you are ok, because i had many trips abroad and when you returned via road or sea, they don't stamp your passport, they just swipe your GC. I know they usually stamp an entry on your PP when you return by flight but I don't have entry stamp on my PP when I returned many times from Canada, remember the US immigration is at Canadian airport when you return from Canada and they just swiped the GC. This is just my thought though....

Passports don't always get stamped for one reason or another. The IO may look at the passport and ask about missing stamps, but it is for reference only. You are not expected to start showing boarding passes or to produce additional evidence of the trips. Don't worry, it's a non issue.

Thank you !

Thank you very much for your help!!! I really appreciated.
I contacted Customer Service Center for U.S. Customs and Border Protection with the same question and they answered me with the following:

"This will not be a problem since CBP has a record of your travel to and from the US. The officer did not stamp the passport because you already have a permanent resident card. Here is a link that will explain how you can get a copy of that record for your citizenship application. I hope this information helps.

Answer Title: How can I get a record of my travel in and out of the United States?
CBP only has complete records of the entry and exit of persons arriving and departing by air or sea. If you are a legal permanent resident and crossed at a land border, it is unlikely that we would have a record of your travels. Also CBP's records only go back to 1982, even for air travel.

Information about someone's movements is protected by the Privacy Act and may only be released to the subject of the records or their designated representative.

Please print out the attached sheet below, fill it out and send it to:

U.S. Customs and Border Protection
1300 Pennsylvania Ave., NW,
Attn: Mint Annex Building, FOIA Division
Washington, D.C. 20229

Be sure to include in your request the approximate time frame of your entry and exits, your full name and date of birth, passport number and alien number. You must sign the request for information in ink. Unsigned requests will be rejected.

The process for researching our records is time consuming and as a result, there may be a charge for this service. If there is a charge, we will notify you of the amount in advance.

It takes some time to process these requests and depending on the backlog it could take significantly longer. There is no way to expedite the request, in order to avoid additional delays, make sure that your original request has all the requested information."

It is good info, but i agree with the others...just have the other travel info,,,ticket confirmation/etc

Thank you !

Thank you very much for your help!!! I really appreciated.
I contacted Customer Service Center for U.S. Customs and Border Protection with the same question and they answered me with the following:

"This will not be a problem since CBP has a record of your travel to and from the US. The officer did not stamp the passport because you already have a permanent resident card. Here is a link that will explain how you can get a copy of that record for your citizenship application. I hope this information helps.

Answer Title: How can I get a record of my travel in and out of the United States?
CBP only has complete records of the entry and exit of persons arriving and departing by air or sea. If you are a legal permanent resident and crossed at a land border, it is unlikely that we would have a record of your travels. Also CBP's records only go back to 1982, even for air travel.

Information about someone's movements is protected by the Privacy Act and may only be released to the subject of the records or their designated representative.

Please print out the attached sheet below, fill it out and send it to:

U.S. Customs and Border Protection
1300 Pennsylvania Ave., NW,
Attn: Mint Annex Building, FOIA Division
Washington, D.C. 20229

Be sure to include in your request the approximate time frame of your entry and exits, your full name and date of birth, passport number and alien number. You must sign the request for information in ink. Unsigned requests will be rejected.

The process for researching our records is time consuming and as a result, there may be a charge for this service. If there is a charge, we will notify you of the amount in advance.

It takes some time to process these requests and depending on the backlog it could take significantly longer. There is no way to expedite the request, in order to avoid additional delays, make sure that your original request has all the requested information."
Hi Graziella30, I have your same issue.

I am a permanent resident who needs to list his full 5 years of travel history,
but have realized I am missing a few US entry stamps in my passport ..

How did you contact the Customer Service Center for U.S. Customs and Border Protection to ask them:
by email, or phone?

What form or sheet did you have to fill/print and send out to the address you provided?

Do you know if this could be done electronically instead?

I know sometime has passed by since this post but hopefully you can still let me know,

Much thanks in advance,

Stefano