Missing Biometrics & Wednesday Walk-in's

soup

Was there a policy before that if you missed a regularly scheduled appointment you may come back the following Wednesday? I'm going to miss my Biometrics because I'll be out of the country and my date is 3 days prior to when I will be back.

I tried doing a early fingerprinting today and was told by my local ASC to come back Wednesday after the appointment date as they were too busy today.

I called the service center and asked if they allow walk-in's on Wednesday's and the woman said that is no longer being offered, but I told her my local ASC told me to come back on a Wednesday after the appointment date. The woman told me to go with what the local ASC said because if they're willing to accommodate you, they will.

So I'm just a little worried. If the service center says that ASCs no longer allow Wednesday walk-in's but my local ASC told me I could come on a Wednesday, will the officials reviewing my naturalization application axe the application right away because I missed the appointment or would they give a leeway of about a week or two?

Thanks.

The letter states to mail the letter back to the ASC for rescheduling, but I went there and basically they told me to come back on a Wednesday after the appointment date and returned my letter back to me.

I'm afraid if I miss my appointment date and not reschedule, USCIS will close my case because the ASC is telling me one thing and the Service Center is telling me something else.

Then go back on a Wednesday after your scheduled date. My letter said that if I missed the appointment that I could go on any Thursday after the scheduled date so different DOs have different rules. Just follow their directions and you'll be fine.