missed interview due to Failure to Receive Notice

dballard

My wife (Dominican)and I (US citizen) had been to the Buffalo USCIS office several months before to complete her biometrics. On October 1st USCIS sent out another letter to come in for a interview to remove the conditions for residency. The letter said that the interview was for November 5,19 the only thing is we didn't receive the OPENED letter in our mailbox until November 6th the day after the appointment. I immediately called USCIS to reschedule another appointment which I successfully did for the November 21st. But the agent also told us to go Buffalo on the next day and someone might be able to interview us at that time. Once we arrived a official came out and told us that my wife's application was denied due to abandonment even though I explained the circumstances and that we had a new interview appointment for November 21,19. This is really bad because my wife is the petitioner for her/our daughter immigration case. I have since obtained a affidavit from my neighbor stating the poor mail service that we have been getting over the last several years and I also have pictures showing dates when other people mail has been put in my mailbox since November 7th. We just received the denial letter . Anyone with any knowledge on how we should proceed???