Missed FP appt. Going to local office. What to expect ?

pvdctm

Registered Users (C)
I did get a notice for FP appointment , but was not able to go. I'm planning to take it and go to my local INS office in San Antonio where they asked me to appear earlier. The appointment was for last week. So it should be not more than 10 days since i missed my appointment.

I understand we need to take the Green Card and Notice of FP.

Is there anything else i need to take with me ?
What can i expect ?
Will they fingerprint me eventhough i missed my appointment ?

Thanks

FP appointment

Depends on teh office, I went to Las Vegas Office a week before teh appointment, and asked to be fingerprinted early, so, they let me wait for about an hour, and took me in when they got time
Good luck.

pvdctm said:
I did get a notice for FP appointment , but was not able to go. I'm planning to take it and go to my local INS office in San Antonio where they asked me to appear earlier. The appointment was for last week. So it should be not more than 10 days since i missed my appointment.

I understand we need to take the Green Card and Notice of FP.

Is there anything else i need to take with me ?
What can i expect ?
Will they fingerprint me eventhough i missed my appointment ?

Thanks

I did exactly the same thing ... also in San Antonio !!!!!! I blew it. I never realized that USCIS could move with such lightening speed and I missed my naturalization fingerprinting appointment. Their notice came within ten days of my N-400 filing and I was out of town. Upon my return, I wrote a very apologetic letter and requested a rescheduling at any time at their convenience.

However, based on replies to a forum posting asking for advice, within an hour of getting the replies, I grabbed my letter and green card and went over to the USCIS support office. Within another hour, I was fingerprinted and on my way. The young man on the desk was a little snooty but he let me in and then I was home-free.

Subsequent to my doing this, I did get a rescheduling letter (now redundant) which I returned with thanks.

I am assuming that everything is now A-OK but will not know for sure until I get my interview letter, whenever that might be.

Please let us know how you get on and let me know if you have any further queries. Good luck.

Thanks All. Worked out fine

We were there at our local ASC and it worked out just fine. No questions asked. Eventhough i missed my appointment, they were graciouis and curtious in helping us out.

Thanks all here for your help.

Regards