Missed Fingerprint Appointment, Worried

chetan09

Recently I went to India after sending my N400 and they sent the fingerprint appointment very quick and gave me just about a week to do it, and I missed the appointment :mad:

I contacted USCIS and requested another fingerprint appointment. When you guys think I may expect it again?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Within 3 -6 weeks would be my guesstimate, depending on ASC. If you return from India within 30 days after original FP you can always attempt walk in using your old notice.

Walk-in

If I were you, I would find out when your FP center accepts walk-ins and
just go there and get it done.

I know in the Boston area a friend of mine recently missed his appmt due to weather related issues and was able go in the next week to get his FP-ing done.

Just go in to the same service center that was supposed to take your fingerprints. Take your original Fingerprinting Notice with you.

They will take your fingerprints.

You actually have 89 days from the original fingerprint date to complete your fingerprint. There is absolutely no need to request another date. Just walk in.

You actually have 89 days from the original fingerprint date to complete your fingerprint. There is absolutely no need to request another date. Just walk in.

Since not every ASC allows walk ins and 8 CFR 1208 states that a no show will result in dismissal of application, it best to contact USCIS as soon as possible to reschedule a FP.

8 CFR 1208 states:

..."Failure to comply with processing requirements for biometrics and other biographical information within the time allowed will result in dismissal of the application, unless the applicant demonstrates that such failure was the result of good cause..."

Btw, what reference are you using to claim you have up to 89 days after original FP date to do a walk in without any prior notification to USCIS?