Minor Child Renunciation of Indian Pasport

at123

Registered Users (C)
I was filling up the Travisa Order form for applying OCI for both my spouse and Minor Child (16 yrs). I have following query:

1. Renunciation form : Do I need to fill in separate Renunciation form for both Spouse and Child. (Both Spouse and Child have separate Indian passport). Their is provision for keying in details of Minor child in current renunciation form.

2. Do I have to pay $175 for both Spouse and Minor Child for renunciation of their individual Indian passport. Travisa site didnot add $175 for Minor Child as part of their calculation of cost.

Request feedback.

Thxs

at123

I was filling up the Travisa Order form for applying OCI for both my spouse and Minor Child (16 yrs). I have following query:

1. Renunciation form : Do I need to fill in separate Renunciation form for both Spouse and Child. (Both Spouse and Child have separate Indian passport).
------YES. Send 2 Renunciation form for Each. On child Renunciation form Father mother both should sign and write the names in bracket.

Their is provision for keying in details of Minor child in current renunciation form.

2. Do I have to pay $175 for both Spouse and Minor Child for renunciation of their individual Indian passport. Travisa site did not add $175 for Minor Child as part of their calculation of cost.
---------------$175 for spouse and $175 for child. I-75+175 + OCI Fees for Both+Travisa fees

Request feedback.

Thxs

at123

-------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I am in the same boat. Need to apply OCI+renunciation for myself and minor.

Q: The Renunciation form seems confusing to me.
For filling out renunciation form for the minor,
Who is "I" in lines 1 3 and 4 ?
If "I" is myself(Father), then where is the name of the minor ?
If "I" is minor-applicant, line # 1 says "full age and capacity".
How did you fill this ?
My apologies if this looks like a stupid Q.

I checked with Travisa and looks like Renunciation form is same for adults and minor.
Hence the "full age" verbiage which is kind of odd when minor is the applicant.
(Bad design, bureaucracy at its best).

Anyways, for a minor the Name/Sign is of :
minor - if he/she can sign.
Mom and Dad - if minor is too young to sign.

Hope this helps someone and need not get stressed out as I did when I had this Q.