Minimum time to spend inside USA to apply for Citizenship

Giulianostroppa

Hi there

I am a permanent resident since October 2014 with a marriage green card, I work for an American organization as expat so for work I spent in the last 5 years a tot of 961 days out of the country, my wife was with me during all my expatriations, with 2 different re-entry permit. I always knew that with a spouse green card as a requirement you must have spent 1.5 years in the country in the last 3 years to apply for naturalization, which I did, but when I applied online, N-400, I've got a warning that I spent to long time oversea, the requirement seems to be 2.5 years in the last 5 years.
Which one is correct, 1.5 in 3 or 2.5 in 5 years? Can I go ahead with application or shall I wait 2 more months to meet the requirements?
thanks in advance for the help
regards
Giuliano

1.5 years in the last 3 years if you are applying under the 3-year rule. 2.5 years in the last 5 years if you are applying under the 5-year rule.

Besides the physical presence requirement, you also need to meet the continuous residence requirement. Are you sure you have not interrupted continuous residence in the last 3 years?