Middle name on NP one letter off from name on GC

ASSYLEE

Registered Users (C)
All,

I'm really in a bind. I'm not sure how to pursue this issue. I need someone's expert opinion. Here is what happened.

I applied for my NP last week since I had to travel for an emergency for work. When I had the NP returned to me, my middle name was misspelt on it. It was spelled with an "O" as opposed to how it should be which is with a "U" which is how it appears on my Green Card.

I tried getting the consulate to change it but they were being complete douchebags and refused to change it. They implied that I needed to get a new modern version of the passport and a new National ID first that would have the correct spelling. The process for getting one of those lasts up to three months. I would then have to apply for another passport..

I have gotten my visa in my new passport already and of course the Chinese put the visa in the correct name but f***ed up my date of birth...this I'm not that worried about...

There is a TSA rule that your tickets need to match EXACTLY how it shows on your state issued ID. I'm not sure which "state issued ID" it should match. They are a little lenient for the time being till people get their ID's to match.

According to American Express Business Travel:

Please note that, for the short term, TSA has built some flexibility into the processes regarding passenger name accuracy. Small differences between the passenger’s ID and the passenger’s reservation information, such as the use of a middle initial instead of a full middle name or no middle name / initial at all, should not cause a problem for the passenger at this time. Over time, however, passengers should strive to obtain consistency between the name used on their ID and in their travel information, this includes frequent flyer membership data as well.

What should I do? Should I skip my middle name altogether when booking tickets? Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you in advance.

Skip using your middle name in the tickets....

Thank you so much for your input, wantmygcnow. AMEX Business Travel strongly recommended that I use the name that is in my passport even though it may be incorrect. They said that I'll need for that name to be exactly like on my ticket in order to leave the country. They put in an annotation on my flight information that I'm travelling with two different names on my GC and passport. I'm guessing I will be called out on it on my way back home on my inbound flight. I'm flying out/in via Canada first so maybe I won't be scrutinized THAT much as opposed to the level that I would on an inbound flight to the US. In any case, I'm arming myself with an expired RTD (I didn't have time to renew it, hence all this shiz), my Social Security card, my driver's license, paycheck stub, and of course my GC. I'll just need to make sure I give myself plenty of time.. wish me luck. :)