mercury6, will you help for getting PR card Info?

inders99

Registered Users (C)
Dear mercury6,
I hope you are Staying in Mississauga, Toronto area, many who are workin in US and landed before June 28 would like to apply for Canada PR card
I know that one has to Visit Canada for applying for PR Card
one needs to Zotrize some of Documents, have to get photographs in Canada and Stamped with date.

Would you please be kind enough to let others who are in US know, where in Mississauga or Brampton one can get photographs, how much they will charge and how much time they will take to deliver the Phothographs?

any Notary phone # or address in Mississauga, Brampton area? how much they will charge and any email contact #

I know evry one has to provide address in Canada and that this his/her responcibility, they will make the arrangements.

any Cheep Hotel/motel in Mississauga area and rates in CDN.

I request you to provide the details if you have time and can find the related info, it will be great help from you to the friends ( including me) to prepare them to get the paper work done easily if one has info I hope one can compleate all paper work in 3-4 days and can mail from Canada to PR card department and can come to canada to collect the card when he/she recives the info on provided Canadian address.
I hope it will be g great service from you and you will oblige us all those who want to apply for PR Card in Toronto area.

best regards
Inder

Hi there,

Actually I havent started my process for getting the PR. I called up CIC 2 days ago and asked them if there is a deadline for getting it. They said it is Dec 2003, if you want to travel outside Canada after that. If you are not travelling you can still go without PR. but it would be better to get it by 2003. SO I am not too worried about it now.

I am guessing you will come to Canada for a few days at least to do the necessary things.

1) Photograps: Most studios are able to take immig photos and get it done right then. I dont have the address right now but I can get it. I dont think it should be a problem. If you go to any chain store or even Walmart, they will do it. You just have to mention to them to cut it to your size. I have taken immig photos at walmart, a private store and Blacks (a chain store).

2) I havent done any notary till now here. what is the notary requirement for PR card? Almost any lawyer can do it for a fee. I remember in US banks use to do it. Here also they do it, but I havent tried.

3) Hotel rates are not cheap. There are some small ones but they are pretty bad. I stayed 3 times at a motel in Dundas Street in Mississauga and they use to charge me 75 Cad. It was I think Motel 8. I will get the address. (Free p*rn too on channel 92:D, if you care).

I think if you plan you can do the work in 2 days and mail it.

I will try to get the address/phone for (1) and (3). I will try to look up a notary in yellow pages and let you know.

This is the one I have used.

Photos: I have taken immig Phots both for Canada and US Immig at this place, centrally located near Square One shopping centre in Mississauga.

Family Photo Video
1585 Mississauga Valley
905 277 8733

He is aware of Immig photo sizes and you can tall him exact size to cut to and whether to stamp it at the back and leave a white space in front for your signature (like it is required for citizenship photos).

this is the Motel I stayed in:

Super 5 Inn
2171 Dundas St E, Mississauga
905 624 6424

within a mile of this there are at least 4 others.

Travelodge
1767 Dundas St E, Mississauga
905 238 3400

Fort York Motel
1920 Dundas St E
905 277 2524

Mississauga Gate Inn
1938 Dundas St E, Mississauga
905 276 9999

Monte Carlo Inns (I stayed here for 2 days, Pretty shabby)
1886 Dundas St E
905 273 9500

Dear mercury6,
Thank you very much for the information.
You wrote that you called up CIC and they said that one can apply for PR Card any time before 30 December 2003.
I landed 2 months before 28th June 2002, I read the dates posted on CIC that those who landed in 2002 should apply 15 October to November 30, 2002.

So according to your info it is not nessary that I Must apply before November 2002.
I have your telephone # will give you a call when I visit Toronto,

I plan to stay with friend in Mississauga
the Address is: Silverthrone Crescent
Mississauga Ontario
L 5 R 1 W 3

I asked for the Hotel/Motel rates in Mississauga becase I do not want to Disturb the family of friend he has 2 kids and his wife is also working, I may stay with a friend or I will stay in Motel becase one has freedom.

do think one will be able to do all the paperwork in 3 days.
If possible pleae look for an Notary in mississauga
Thank you very much for the help.

Inder

You should contact about your case to CIC. It could be different for me as I landed in 2000.

Sure, give me a call.

I think you should be able to do the stuff in a few days.

So what are the basic steps?

Photo Studio and Notary Info

If you live in Mississauga, you can always visit the SQUARE D Mall and get you pictures taken at Blacks ($12+Tax fro 2 Photos). Show them the size of the picture you require, and they will cut it fer you.

SHAMIM HANSRAJ
Barristor & Solicitor, NOTARY
151 City Center Drive
Suite #401
Mississauga, ON L5B 1M7
Tel:905-276-9944

Call and make an appointment. She charges $40 (Canadian).

For $40, She will Notarize/Gaurantor your app for PR, your picture, your landing paper and first page of your passport which shows your picture, DOB, Passport number (since you only need this page)

$7.00 for mailing (3 business day deliver)
$1.25 for envelope

CIBC accepts your $50 fees without any surcharge. Please make sure you have the pink form (IMM5401) with you.

You are supposed to fill out your client id# on the pink form(IMM5401) the green form (IMM 5455). You can find this number on your landing paper. It's an 8 digit number underneath the receipt number or on top of your "Given Name" on the landing paper. If you don't see this, then you will have to call the 800 number lister in the PR kit.

Good Luck!!

For Vault

Hi there
you mentioned in your prev post

** For $40, She will Notarize/Gaurantor your app for PR,

You mean she will also fillout the guaranter related section in the PR form even if she doesnt personally know you, for $40 ??

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
sawill,

In my case it has been less then 2 years since I became a landed immigrant, hence I had to use the section "G", even though I had known some one for over 2 years, who coul dhave filled out section"F".

Sorry I couldn't be of much help here. Maybe Mercury6 or Avataar can help out.

Good Luck!!

Hi Guys,

It was very informative reading your messages for the PR card. For someone who will be travelling from US for this purpose, it is very important to have all the information.

I have just one question: Is there a place where I can pick up the Supplementary Identification Form [IMM 5455], and Fees Receipt [IMM 5401].

Thanks in advance for your reply.

RAJ5,

you have to request one from the web site. CIC will mail them to your Canadian address. You should have it within a week. If you order the kit for PR card then Supplementary Identification Form [IMM 5455], and Fees Receipt [IMM 5401], will be with the kit. I don't think you can pick one up by walking in, then again I could be wrong.

Good Luck!!

Sawill,

I just stated in section"G", that it is less than 2 years since I became a landed immigrant, hence unable to obtain a "Gurantor".

However before I got the section"G" notarized, I spoke with CIC and stated that It has not been 2 years since I became a landed immigrant, however I have known a gurantor for over 9 years personally, and can I get the gurantors signature? The answer I got from the CIC was, NO! since you have not been in canada for 2 years, you cannot do so. You have to get it notarized or get it signed by comissioner of oaths.

Good Luck!!

Dear mercury6 and Vault,

Thank you very much for your help and providing the valuable information.

1 Vault, how many days before you have to take the appointment of Notary

Or the same day you can walk in to her office.

2 One more thing as a Landed Canadian PR, I cannot Drive US plated Car in to Canada, I landed in Feb 2002, by Air at Toronto from US.
I am in NJ, so I thought that I would take the Flight for Buffalo and then take the Greyhound Bus from Buffalo to Canada side, but when I searched the Greyhound site I could not find any reliable info,
Can I take a Canadian Plated Rental Car from Buffalo air port? I have US Driving License any problem to get rental car or to drive with my US Driving license? And then leave that to Canadian Destination in Mississauga?

Or
I can Drive my US plated car up to Niagara Falls US side then Cross the bridge and then take some Bus or Train to reach Mississauga, in this scene I do not know IF Niagara US side has any place where I can park my US plated car for 2-3 days or the Train or Bus Services from Canada side of Niagara Falls to Mississauga
If you friends have any good option please let me know.

Thanks and Sincerest Best Regards,
Inderjeet

Inder, you can come by car to Buffalo, paerk at Airport, take a rental car or If you know where to take bus/train from and come to Toronto. Then go back to Buffalo airport and take your car...

Inders99,

TRANSPORTATION:
If some one from Toronto can pick you up at the airport, that would be a better option than driving a canadian plated rental car or taking a greyhound bus. You will not have much hassels at the border. Also if you rent a car with Canadian plates, the Canadian Customs folks will know that it is a rental car.

http://www.infoniagara.com/d-fast-train.html (Train Service)

http://www.infoniagara.com/d-fast-bus.html (Bus)

APPOINTMENT:
Call SHAMIM HANSRAJ ahead of time, and make an appointment. She practices family law, so she might be in and out of her office.

Cheers!

Inders99: I used to take bus to Toronto.

Since I live in upstate of new york, the bus went through Syracuse - Rachester - Buffalo - Niagara (US side) - Niagara (Canada side) and arrive at Toronto. At that time, since I worried about questions to be asked by the Canadian officer, I left the bus at US side and crossed Raibow Bridge on foot. Then, I took the same bus to Toronto using the same ticket. I remember that the bus stop is in the front of the hotel (yellow color) just beside the bridge. Since it took longer time for the bus to pass the bridge, I had enough time to wait for the same bus coming to the Canadian side.

My another experience is driving my car to the Niagara US side, and then parked the car to the public parking lot (daily charge is about 7 to 9 dollars, if my memory is correct). I then walked through the bridge. That time, I took a shuttle bus to Toronto. I forgot the name of the shuttle bus but it was a little more expensive and servise till midnight.

Sawill,

My last trip to Toronto was via Peace Bridge on (10/09/2002). I flew into buffalo, and my relative picked our family up at the Airport. It was a Minivan with ONTARIO License Plates :).

The Canadian Customs/Immigration officer asked the following:

1. How many in the Vehicle?
Ans: 4

2. Country of Citizenship?
Ans: 1 Canadien and 3 Landed Immigrants (didn;t even bother to look at the landing papers/passports)

3. How long were you out of the Country?
Ans: I was out for 2 weeks on a business meeting, and I work for XYZ Company.

4. Were you the only person out for 2 weeks?
Ans: Yes

5. Bringing any Tobacco or Liquor?
Ans: No

"Ok"

We said thanks, and drove off.

Do they ask or check the car's rental papers ?

When you pull you car by the couter/booth to talk to the INS/Customs officer, they can see you rear License Plate via camera, and they run the Plate in their computer. :eek: Interesting eh~

Have they ever asked you to show your diver licence ??
I have a Canadien DL, so it is not a problem fer me :D . No I have not been asked to show the DL so far.

Cheers!!

Sawill,
When I was walking through the Rainbow, she asked me to show my PR papaer only. She did not asked for passport. The question was how long have you been out of Cananda, and I said only few hours just went to US side to take some pictures. That was before 9/11/01.

Vault,
Can you tell me which bridge is peace bridge? Is that the one on north side of rainbow bridge? I did not see any sign showing the name of bridge on US side when I passed that bridge three weeks ago driving a rental car. However, I found the name for this bridge from Canada side: Lewiston Bridge. Can you correct me if I am wrong?

dear vault & mgyuan
thanks for your reply, I sincerely appreciate

Peace bridge is the main border post, b/w us & ca its located near or in the downtown Buffalo. Rainbow is right on niagara falls (20 miles from peace) and the Lewiston bridge is also located in or near niagara (i never used lewiston)

mgyuan please also share your experience about your recent trip to Canada especially
- the rental car u were driving it was with ONTARIO plate or US plate ?
- Do u have Ca DL ?
- What questions did u face at the Ca imm booth ??

thanks in advance