Medicals at Chennai

spkumar123

Registered Users (C)
Hello CP gurus,

I have an interview scheduled on July 16th, 2004.
Would it be a sufficient time for July 13th Lab and 14 for a Doctor visit? Please advise.

Thanks
Sameer :)

Yes, I have my interview on the same day and I am doing the exact same thing. There should be no problems.

spkumar123 said:
Hello CP gurus,

I have an interview scheduled on July 16th, 2004.
Would it be a sufficient time for July 13th Lab and 14 for a Doctor visit? Please advise.

Thanks
Sameer :)

Two days is quite sufficient to complete this work. If you choose you can
also do this in one day , by picking up the report at about 4.30PM from Lister and having an appointment with a doctor who has evening hours.

Raju

Raju, abaliga, Thanks for your reply.

Abaliga, have you received your packet 4 from the chennai consulate? I haven't received my packet 4 as of today, I am leaving to India on July 9th, So i sent an email to consulate requesting a status on it, they sent me an email with documents attahced and advised me to keep the print out.. here is the email note i got from the consulate:

Dear Applicant,

Visa appointment: July 16, 2004. Please see the attached forms. Bring a
copy of this e-mail on 16th.

Does it mean, Can i carry these documents for interview without packet4. Please let me know. :(

spkumar,

I am in the same situation as you regarding the Packet4. I haven't received it yet to my US address. I started from US on the 24th June and reached India on the 26th June. I called my friend today in the US to check if I have received P4 at my US address and was told that the P4 was not received.

But before starting from the US I also sent an e-mail to the consulate stating that I haven't received the P4 for my July 2nd Interview. They sent me all the documents as attachments through e-mail and also asked me to bring a copy of the e-mail while attnding the interview. So you should be fine too with the same.

I did my lab tests at Lister Laboratories today. These guys are open at 8:00 and do the lab tests for immigration until 10:30. No appointment is needed for this. They actually have two offices at Jaganathan Street(Off Sterling Road, Nungambakkam). The first office is for all general patients the second office serves as the office for the immigrant applicants. The door number for the second office is 13.

You can collect the reports on the same day evening. But one thing I noticed here is that these guys do not give the report starting at 4:30. The reports are distributed only starting from 5:00. Though the information sheet from the consulate indicates that the reports could be collected betwen 4:30 and 5:00, the fee receipt that they give us indicates that the reports can be collected only between 5:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.

And the reports were delivered only after 5:00 p.m. To be precise it was delivered only at 5:10 p.m. even though I was there at 4:30 p.m. The reason the reports get delayed are because they are prepared at the first office and then a person brings them to the second office. The reports are sorted, attached to the x-rays, put in a sealed cover and then distributed.

I noticed that some of the people were in hurry as they had the doctor's appointment fixed for the same day evening. I am not sure if they were able to make it to the appointments in time. I have the Dr's(Dr. Vijayalakshmi) appointment fixed for tomorrow. Will post the details later.

Hope this information helps all the aspiring CPer's at Chennai consulate.

Thanks,
DA
spkumar123 said:

Abaliga, have you received your packet 4 from the chennai consulate? I haven't received my packet 4 as of today, I am leaving to India on July 9th, So i sent an email to consulate requesting a status on it, they sent me an email with documents attahced and advised me to keep the print out.. here is the email note i got from the consulate:

Dear Applicant,

Does it mean, Can i carry these documents for interview without packet4. Please let me know. :(

jalabalajings said:
spkumar,

I am in the same situation as you regarding the Packet4. I haven't received it yet to my US address. I started from US on the 24th June and reached India on the 26th June. I called my friend today in the US to check if I have received P4 at my US address and was told that the P4 was not received.

But before starting from the US I also sent an e-mail to the consulate stating that I haven't received the P4 for my July 2nd Interview. They sent me all the documents as attachments through e-mail and also asked me to bring a copy of the e-mail while attnding the interview. So you should be fine too with the same.

I did my lab tests at Lister Laboratories today. These guys are open at 8:00 and do the lab tests for immigration until 10:30. No appointment is needed for this. They actually have two offices at Jaganathan Street(Off Sterling Road, Nungambakkam). The first office is for all general patients the second office serves as the office for the immigrant applicants. The door number for the second office is 13.

You can collect the reports on the same day evening. But one thing I noticed here is that these guys do not give the report starting at 4:30. The reports are distributed only starting from 5:00. Though the information sheet from the consulate indicates that the reports could be collected betwen 4:30 and 5:00, the fee receipt that they give us indicates that the reports can be collected only between 5:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.

And the reports were delivered only after 5:00 p.m. To be precise it was delivered only at 5:10 p.m. even though I was there at 4:30 p.m. The reason the reports get delayed are because they are prepared at the first office and then a person brings them to the second office. The reports are sorted, attached to the x-rays, put in a sealed cover and then distributed.

I noticed that some of the people were in hurry as they had the doctor's appointment fixed for the same day evening. I am not sure if they were able to make it to the appointments in time. I have the Dr's(Dr. Vijayalakshmi) appointment fixed for tomorrow. Will post the details later.

Thanks,
DA

this is good information for future Cp'ers.what about photos
best of luck
Thanks
VJ

VJ,

Good that you reminded me about the photos. I took the Immigration Style Photographs at FOTO INDIA. 8 Photosfor Rs.100/-. You have to wait for 30 minutes to collect the photos after they are taken.

The address for FOTO INDIA is 1-A Nungambakkam High Road, Madras - 600 034. Phone number : 28282062. It's around 5 minutes walk from Hotel Palmgrove. Just go in and tell them you want to take US Immigration style photographs. You are asked to pay the money in advance and asked to go into the studio room. The guy who takes the pictures know what he is doing.

Hope this info helps.

Thanks,
DA

VJ2002 said:
this is good information for future Cp'ers.what about photos
best of luck
Thanks
VJ

Jalabalajings:
Very nice piece of live info....It is really helpful...
BJ77
jalabalajings said:
spkumar,

Thanks,
DA

spkumar123 said:

Dear Applicant,

In case you don't receive the original Packet 4 by July 9th, this email would
serve as your proof, both for showing at the lab/doctor's office and entering the Consulate on the day of appointment.

Download the medical form from the internet, fill it and keep it ready when
you go for the tests.

Just to clarify on the two locations of Lister Labs. Note that they are both
within 3 or 4 buildings of each other. Even if you stop at the first location
they will guide you to the place where tests for visa applicants are done.

Raju

Jalabalajings, Raju,

Thank you so much for the information. Thanks for the latest live about the medicals and photo, as advised i will take doctor appointment for the 14th and 13th LAB.

Good wishes for your July2nd interview, please post your doctor visit and interview details. Will the lister labs accept any photo or it should be an immigration style!

Thanks
SAMEER :)

spkumar123 said:
Jalabalajings, Raju,

Thank you so much for the information. Thanks for the latest live about the medicals and photo, as advised i will take doctor appointment for the 14th and 13th LAB.

Good wishes for your July2nd interview, please post your doctor visit and interview details. Will the lister labs accept any photo or it should be an immigration style!

Thanks
SAMEER :)

They will look for the regular passport style photos (Straight facing).

Per my recollection, the Lister Labs does not require an appointment.
Just show up at 8.30AM.

Raju

Raju, Thanks for the reply.

What is the Visa Issuance Fee of $65.00 as mentioned in the Visa Fee details in one of the documents consulate sent to me. I have already paid $335 each for me and my wife. I guess, i should take DD of Rs.350+Rs.50(me)+Rs.50(my wife) for Blue Dart courier and nothing else. Can you confirm me your experience. Jalabala, what is your preparation on this for the interview?

Thanks again,

Spkumar

spkumar123 said:

What is the Visa Issuance Fee of $65.00 as mentioned in the Visa Fee details in one of the documents consulate sent to me. I have already paid $335 each for me and my wife. I guess, i should take DD of Rs.350+Rs.50(me)+Rs.50(my wife) for Blue Dart courier and nothing else. Can you confirm me your experience. Jalabala, what is your preparation on this for the interview?

Thanks again,

Spkumar

I think u no need to pay 65$ .because that is INS Visa fee( 260+65).u just take DD in the name of Blue Dart.

Thanks
VJ

spkumar123 said:

Thanks again,

Spkumar

Hello Spkumar123,

You have paid everything if you paid $335/person. All you need is the DD for "Blue Dart Express Limited" for Rs. 350 + (Rs. 50) for your wife, the main person is included in the Rs.350 ( Additional is only for wife or Wife and Kids).

And to answer your question, No, I have not received the p4 yet to my US address(apparently it was send here). On corresponding with the consulate in chennai, I am told to inform them if I do not receive it by tomorrow's mail, then they will email the documents to me.

-abaliga

Questions

Hello
1. Please let me know the fees for medical (lab test and doctor).
2. Do we require two original employment letter. I have only one and the company says it is enough.

pachaiattai said:
Hello
1. Please let me know the fees for medical (lab test and doctor).

{The following is the information I have and is roughly 1 year old.

Lister Labs: Rs.600 per adult . I don't remember the fee for a child.
Children may be exempt from lab tests. Check on this. Since all the
transactions are in cash, just carry some extra money.

Physician: (for Dr.Raj Kumar) Rs.600 for adults , Rs.350 for children.
Was advised to carry Rs.4000 just incase extra shots are required}

2. Do we require two original employment letter. I have only one and the company says it is enough.

{One is enough. Keep a copy in your dependent's dockets.

{my responses}

Raju

CP gurus,

Can i carry a monthly bank statement or do i need to get it from the bank with some kind of their signature or any specific format.

Any input on this greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sameer Penakalapati

Even you can take printouts if your bank provides online statements.
But make sure that format is proper and easily readable.

It would be better if you can show the statements for last six months at least.