Medical Tests for filing I-485

'Agron'
Your list looks right. But you won't need all vaccinations...it all depends on your age group. Check out this link: http://www.uscisdoctor.com/ to see where you fit in. Just take a printout of the chart to your local hospital to get your vaccinations.

All,

My wife is in India and not in a position to travel to the US immediately. Do you guys know if we can get her medical tests done anywhere in India?

Thanks
Sashi

Approved Medical Tests in India

My husband and I are in India currently. His priority date has become current. and we are planning to apply for I 485 as soon as we go back to US. Are there any medical institutions in Delhi and Hyderabad where we can take vaccination shots which are approved by USCIS?

Here is an update on our medical tests in Dallas. Our LC was finally certified last week and we had our medical tests done day before yesterday. I called up a few civil surgeons here in Dallas (Plano) and asked for their rates. We settled with Dr. Yan Li who did everything for $240 per person. When we got to the office, the receptionist told us we needed to have the TB skin test, TD and MMR vaccinations taken and also have blood tests for HIV done. Small Pox vaccinations were waived without any reason because she said she will accept that we had already taken them when young :confused:. If we insisted on having them, she'd charge us $90 additional for the vaccine :rolleyes:. My wife had a letter from her doctor saying she had already taken the TD vaccine a few months back. So we had to pay $45 less for her.

I'd recommend that you call and ask what you will need to have taken and what they charge. You can have both TD and MMR vaccines taken at your local county health dept office where they charge only $5 per vaccine. Similairly TB skin tests can also be done at other locations for around $25 if you want to save money. I didn't opt for that because that would have meant taking more time off from work and having to drag 2 small infants along with us to multiple locations over 2 days. This way we went to just one place and had everyhting done together.

We had to return today (after 48 hours) to have our TB skin tests checked and get the medical forms certified. My skin test came out positive but had a chest X-ray taken at the same place (additional $60), the results of which were attached to the report. Apparently since most of us have BCG vaccinations early on, that is responsible for false TB positive results. Confirm that they do have a X-ray facility just incase you test positive. We were handed 2 sealed envelopes (for my wfie and myself) that we were advised not open and would be sent to USCIS along with my Adjustment of Status application. The medical test I-693 forms which we had filled out, were also stapled to the sealed envelopes and were told would be returned to us by our attorney.

Hope this info is is of use to someone. Good luck.

Jawad