Medical Results possibly bad ... Please advice

AnotherSetBack

Registered Users (C)
Gurus, I went for medical yesterday..My blood pressure came high, higher than 140 limit..Would they refuse me for this? What are the possible reasons to be rejected medically? I am really stressed out

Dude,

In my opinion a little bit higher blood pressure than normal should not be a criteria for anything. I guess they basically look for normal health to ensure that you can easily work & earn a living in Canada. Dont worry man. Relax.

Its ok

I had gone for my Canada PR medicals and my blood pressure was high too (same around 140). I have got PR stamp in passport now and COPR. So dont worry as it would only cause your BP to go higher :). However they do make note of it- In my CAIPS notes it does mention "Hypertension" and I got an M3 for medical ie medical condition that can be easily treated which does not give any problems for approval process.
I would advise you try your best to stop smoking if you do, try to work fewer hrs if possible (less stress) and go visit a doc for some medication. It is better in the long run.
Take care
Regards

Thanks bud. That helped. Quick question, when can I check in CAIPS notes, coz my interview is done..Medical and security stuff is the only thing I am waiting for

Anytime

You can check CAIPS notes at anytime. However I had requested them about a month after medical and I actually got passport request before the CAIPS.

FYI: Another reason Canada is so picky about medical is because of the public health system. If someone with a serious disease (cancer, heart disease) etc manages to get there and is PR they can get free medical care from the Govt (REGARDLESS OF IF THEY ARE EMPLOYED OR NOT OR IF THEY ARE CONTRIBUTING A SINGLE CENT IN TAXES)... So they could potentially be a burden to the Govt and the public medical system for the rest of their lives. I know many Americans born in the US who have bad health and no insurance who would jump at the chance to get free medical in Canada if they had PR.
Take care.

Please see a doctor

I hope you are taking treatment for your BP. 170 is very high and quite dangerous if left untreated. My BP when I went for Canada immig was 148 and 151. Doctor has currently asked me to take a small pill a day.
Best of luck

Thanks for your concern...Actually, I check with my doc same day after getting my immigration test done. It came back to 140 . Yes he put me on medications. I guess it is working, it is down to 130.

My question is you feel will that affect my immigration with that BP recorded in the paper ? Any suggestions

I think you should be OK

I think you should be OK. But I think if it was very bad and bad enough to fail you the Dr taking the exam would have said something.
Dont worry and chill.

guys,
You have any idea how long it takes to get the reply after sibmitting Medicals?
I did my Medicals on June 18th and sent the rest of the documents(PCC etc.,) on July 15th.
And can you please explain wht CAIPS is?

I am not sure how much time does it excatly takes, but I believe (after reading some of the previous responses) it take 4-6 months. Where your from? Basically, if you are from India, where did you get your PCC. They had asked us to submit PCC after interview. We have applied with Indian Consulate at San Fran. Do you think it is ok?
Also, CAIPS is a mode coded data, which you can order (Thru some company or if you have some Canadian Citizen as your relative). It can tell you what is happening with your file. But it is coded. Now I believe you can buy a toolkit how to decode it.

Hope this helps..Please let me know when you get request to submit passport for stamping

My wife's BP was 180/110 at the test. she was asked to go through a blood test and additional chest x-rays and then everything was ok

Siyyid

The blood test was prescribed by the doctor who then submitted the report. Later on cic asked for additional chest x-rays and a cardiologist report.

Siyyid

Siyyid, Thanks for the info..So how long it took for you guys from the point the doc submitted the report and to the point you got Passport Stamping request?
Thanks,

Siyyid,
Did you guys got any papers regarding any follow up checkup in Canada with landing papers for this issue?

Thanks