• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Medical in London (Knightsbridge Doctors) - no vaccination records

creature

Registered Users (C)
Hi folks,

My interview's been scheduled for May 15 in London, UK. I've just booked a medical check appointment with the Knightsbridge Doctors who are the London Embassy's approved panel of drs.

Firstly, from those folks who have already done medicals at Knightsbridge Doctors, do you think it's wise to have the medical done just 3.5 weeks before the interview? If anything goes wrong such as a missing vaccination I want to make sure I have enough time to fix it before the interview. What's your guys experience?

I live in the UK for many years now, but I was born in Czechoslovakia and have no vaccination records from that country. When booking the appointment the lady on phone told me they will work with me to see what vaccinations I need. I don't mind getting any new shots, but from your guys experience has anyone had any problems when you came in with no vaccination records?

Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Hi folks,

My interview's been scheduled for May 15 in London, UK. I've just booked a medical check appointment with the Knightsbridge Doctors who are the London Embassy's approved panel of drs.

Firstly, from those folks who have already done medicals at Knightsbridge Doctors, do you think it's wise to have the medical done just 3.5 weeks before the interview? If anything goes wrong such as a missing vaccination I want to make sure I have enough time to fix it before the interview. What's your guys experience?

I live in the UK for many years now, but I was born in Czechoslovakia and have no vaccination records from that country. When booking the appointment the lady on phone told me they will work with me to see what vaccinations I need. I don't mind getting any new shots, but from your guys experience has anyone had any problems when you came in with no vaccination records?

Hi,
I also have my interview schedule for the 24th April. I had my medicals on the 8th march well ahead for no particular reason. This has however turned out to be a blessing because there were issues with my medicals which I did not know before. My BP was high at the medicals and chest x-ray showed enlarged heart. I was therefore refered to my GP for further examinations. I had ECG done, heart ultrasound and 24 hour blood pressure monitoring. All results came back ok but still a bit of high blood pressure. My gp has put me on medications. Last Wednesday, my husband took all the results from my surgery to knightsbridge doctors including a letter explaining what has been done and the medications am on. I phone knightsbridge doctors this afternoon and they confirmed to me that I have been cleared and results sent and has been received by the US embassy. All these have taken about 4-5weeks. If I delayed in having the medicals, my interview would have been affected.
My advice, just go for it in case..?
Good luck. I will update you on my interview.

sorry i forgot to mention that i had a vaccination record and only needed mumps. my husband had only a record for tetanus and bcg and hep b. He had blood test and few injections and was ok.
Hi,
I also have my interview schedule for the 24th April. I had my medicals on the 8th march well ahead for no particular reason. This has however turned out to be a blessing because there were issues with my medicals which I did not know before. My BP was high at the medicals and chest x-ray showed enlarged heart. I was therefore refered to my GP for further examinations. I had ECG done, heart ultrasound and 24 hour blood pressure monitoring. All results came back ok but still a bit of high blood pressure. My gp has put me on medications. Last Wednesday, my husband took all the results from my surgery to knightsbridge doctors including a letter explaining what has been done and the medications am on. I phone knightsbridge doctors this afternoon and they confirmed to me that I have been cleared and results sent and has been received by the US embassy. All these have taken about 4-5weeks. If I delayed in having the medicals, my interview would have been affected.
My advice, just go for it in case..?
Good luck. I will update you on my interview.

You can read interview/medicals London embassy, in EU thread at the end of it.

Medicals not arriving on time does not affect interview that badly.. they just keep passports and wont stamp them untill they got everything.

Hi folks,

Hi
you need DTP and MMR vaccination, get them at your GP if its free first find out, cos some GP practices dont do, like mine. if not get them at knightbridge doctors cos they'll offer you and the price is good there. i had medical 3.04.13 didnt have record and i thought i would do them after medicals at my GP and send them proof, but after giving me appointment and making me to wait for one week my GP told me she can not give me the vaccines. so i had to pay £90 in private clinic cos of time shortage. dont repeat my mistake.

Thanks everyone for your responses. I've completed the medicals and it went very well. I shouldn't have been worried. Joto was right when saying I need DTP and MMR. The both vaccines I've got from Knightbridge doctors on the date of my examination. Now just the interview and years of waiting for GC are over!