Medical exam

sidshar

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

I had a question about medical exam, I just went thru my medical exam for US immigration can the designated practitioner for Canadian immig use the same medical reports and bloowd work reports to complete his assessment. The reason I am asking this is because I went to one Candian immig practitioner and he told me tat he would re do everything and would charge for it, I am just curious is this the was it should be or he just wants to make more money from me. Any response wold be really appreciated. Thanks.

I'm not familiar with the US immigration process, but here how it goes for the Canadian medical exam :

1) The doctor has to be a Designated Medical Practitioners, designated by the Canadian embassy of the country where you live. I doubt the doctor you went to see for the medical exam for the US immigration is also a designated practitioner for Canada.

2) The CIC website mentions :

What if I have already had a medical examination?

If you have already had an immigration medical examination, you must provide proof. Examination results may be found on your original work permit or on a page in your passport. If this is the case, provide a photocopy. Depending on how long ago the examination was completed or what the results were, you may have to redo the examination. We will let you know if a new examination is required.

But I'm afraid this is only in case you saw a designated practionner for Canada (let's say in another immigration class).

You can call the CIC to be sure, but my 2 cents would be you'd have to undergo another medical examination.

Are you applying for both the US and Canada permanent residence ?

Thanks for the response. My question is since only 2 weeks ago I got all my blood/lab work done for US immig can the designated candian practitioner look at that report while making his reports or he is mandated by CIC to redo all the lab works even when they are current and done on behalf of US govt.
Yes I filed for both.
Thanks.

Thanks for the response. My question is since only 2 weeks ago I got all my blood/lab work done for US immig can the designated candian practitioner look at that report while making his reports or he is mandated by CIC to redo all the lab works even when they are current and done on behalf of US govt.
Yes I filed for both.
Thanks.

Hi

FYI..the same doc can be designated medical practitioner for both canadian and US immigration process. My doc was like that...he even did Australian immigration medical exams.

Now for the other question even though 2 weeks have passed better to do everything as you don't want to stall the process by having two diff. dates on your bloodwork report and the acutal paperwork. You don't want to create confusion. As you know the forms are diff. for 2 countries and the date mentioned in your medical letter from Canada should fall before you do testing. For example..you have already done testing( for US ) on say August 15th and after that you got letter from Canada dated say August 30th..I don't know if they will be ok with reports dates August 15th..you know what I mean?

dhm2002