Medical Checkup

hnvcol

Registered Users (C)
I have medical checkup for greencard. I had tuberculosis 8 years ago and had undergone treatment. What will happen in medical exam about that? If they find no tuberculosis in the chest x ray, will they recognize the treatment in india or will they ask me to take some medicine for some time? If so, what would be the time period?

Thanks..

Last edited by a moderator:
You can get a letter from the doctor who treated you with the medications you took and the duration as well. Take this letter to the the INS civil surgeon and they will specify this on their form

OR

The INS doctor will specify in the report that, the skin test is posive, chest x-ray is okay, recommened to take INH with Vitamins for 9 months. This is okay. In the green card/INS interview they may ask you whether you took this medication and you can respond as saying yes. If they ask for proof, you need the letter at that time. Chances are they don't even ask this question in the interview.

(I was told that more than 90% of asian immigrants are tested +ve in the skin-test with clear chest x-ray.)

Good Luck.