Medical Checkup

ixora78

Registered Users (C)
Hi!

I wonder how long it will take for medical checkup to obtain the I-693 form? Since my wife is not in US, I want to know roughly how long she needs to take unpay leave from getting the medical checkup done to concurrently filing based on EB1-OR.

Also, I am planning take the risk that she will leave US once she filed since she is holding H4. But, we will apply for AP. So, I presume, she can leave US with H4 and coming back to US with either H4 or AP next time without any problem (conditionally our case not yet been approved)?

Thanks!

ixora78 said:
Hi!

I wonder how long it will take for medical checkup to obtain the I-693 form? Since my wife is not in US, I want to know roughly how long she needs to take unpay leave from getting the medical checkup done to concurrently filing based on EB1-OR.

Also, I am planning take the risk that she will leave US once she filed since she is holding H4. But, we will apply for AP. So, I presume, she can leave US with H4 and coming back to US with either H4 or AP next time without any problem (conditionally our case not yet been approved)?

Thanks!

If all the tests go well, it should not take more than a week to obtain the I-693 form from the physician.

Medical tests

The medical tests can be finished even on the same day ! If you are from India, don't go for the TB skin test, instead just do the chest X-ray. My doctor told, most of the Indian fail TB skin test (don't ask me why ?), even though no sign of TB !

EB1-just-lucky said:
The medical tests can be finished even on the same day ! If you are from India, don't go for the TB skin test, instead just do the chest X-ray. My doctor told, most of the Indian fail TB skin test (don't ask me why ?), even though no sign of TB !

Two reasons why they fail
1. BCG vaccine given to them during childhood has higher does of titre bacteria which interacts and gives positive test.
2. They are expose to mycobacterium tubercli more than ssufficient to give positive reaction.

you can go for ring test an dthen if turns positive go for X ray!!!!

Great one !

Thanks a lot EB1doc :) The desi doctor from kerala in the panel never explained me these. I will forward these info. to him, so that he will be more confident next time, explaining the patients :)