marrying

RSmith4321

Im sorry i had no clue where to post this...

Today there was an immigration raid near where my girlfriend works. So i am desperately looking for answers because im worried next time it will be at her work. She is an illegal alien from mexico and is now here in the states.

She came here about 15 years ago with a temporary visa that her entire family had. it ran out needless to say. She shows awesome moral character, her and her 2 siblings are all in college and all are doing great for themselves, as are their parents. (all of them are here in USA)

I am going to marry this girl because I love her to death!! but now im worried.

What im looking for is as close to exact details as i can get on what needs to be done and in which order and alos what can be done afterwards for her family members.

Thank you to anybody that replies.

please no postings of people who are against immigration, its unnecessary and i only need help right now. thank you

If RSmith is a US citizen, he should marry this girl right away (Las Vegas or anywhere in Nevada) and immediately file I-130 and I-485. It does not take too long, and after filing I-485 she will receive the EAD which will protect her against the ICE raids. I don't see any need to contact the attorney because she entered this country legally and then overstayed.

However, if she is caught by ICE before RSmith marries her and files I-485, then it will become much more complicated.

In essence, getting married is to tell the world before God how much you love someone. It is the ceremony that is important. If your relationship has this kind of meaning, and commitment, then what is the problem?

Im sorry i had no clue where to post this...

Today there was an immigration raid near where my girlfriend works. So i am desperately looking for answers because im worried next time it will be at her work. She is an illegal alien from mexico and is now here in the states.

She came here about 15 years ago with a temporary visa that her entire family had. it ran out needless to say. She shows awesome moral character, her and her 2 siblings are all in college and all are doing great for themselves, as are their parents. (all of them are here in USA)

please no postings of people who are against immigration, its unnecessary and i only need help right now. thank you

Hi,
Now its a long time when you had posted your thread here. What about your marriage now? and what about your lover? Your case is really complicated. I think you should go for an experienced attorney. Any way if now your problem is fixed then let us know it. Waiting for your answer.

I am also interested in the case because this is quite a common issue. Especially Mexicans come to the US with a temporary visa and overstay so I would also appreciate if RSmith could post how things were going. I think a good attorney can sort things out and find a way that the girlfriend gets a visa. But probably they are already married and everything's fine ...