Marrying a GC Urgent!

Mrodakis

Hello, thank you ahead for reading my thread.

My girlfriend is here on a B2 visa and she has asked for an extension already.
We are planning to get married very soon but we have mixed feelings about this step concerning the INS issue.

I'm a green card holder and I have been told that if we get married we could file for an I130 and as soon as this is approved she can file for I485 so she can get an EAD. I would like to know what is really the time frame for her I130 to be approved? Can a GC file both I130 and I485 all together? What is the best choice wether to get an H1B for her or whether to do what I mentioned above.

Mrodakis said:
Hello, thank you ahead for reading my thread.

My girlfriend is here on a B2 visa and she has asked for an extension already.
We are planning to get married very soon but we have mixed feelings about this step concerning the INS issue.

I'm a green card holder and I have been told that if we get married we could file for an I130 and as soon as this is approved she can file for I485 so she can get an EAD. I would like to know what is really the time frame for her I130 to be approved? Can a GC file both I130 and I485 all together? What is the best choice wether to get an H1B for her or whether to do what I mentioned above.

based on your country of citizenship expect upto 6 years wait for I-130 approval and ability to file I-485. WHile her I-130 is pending she has to maintain a valid status like H1 on her own.