Married to a us citizen 3 days before TN expires.


New Member
I'm on a TN Visa which expires March 1 2021 and I'm getting married this friday to a US Citizen (3 days before TN Visa expires). Can I apply for a work permit so that I can continue working legally for another employer after my TN Visa expires? I'll start a new job as a computer engineer in 2 weeks.

Thank you for the replies.


Well-Known Member
You can apply for an EAD when you file for adjustment of status, but you won’t get it in two weeks - more like 4-6 months, occasionally even longer since Covid.