Married name or Maiden name?

NEWFILER

Registered Users (C)
This is on behalf- an young guy newly married.
USC spouse married tnon-citizen and changed the last name.
Now they have Q--Which name to be mentioned while applying --in I 130 &I 864 by USC?(Changed last name in SS also recently)USC naturalization certificate has maiden name earlier.
Thanks.

She changed her name, so her new name needs to be written on the green card paperwork. It's OK that the naturalization certificate has her maiden name; they will make the connection from old name to new name via the marriage certificate.

Thanks Jacko.
The question raised because they have some docs. they want to submit immediately for I 130(Like utility bills etc including lease,initially they addedmaiden name by mistake). n
Only SSN &DMV changed to married name now.
They will eventaully change all after submission of paperwork.That is the idea because changing all ,now will take few months.
As per the advise they will proceed with married name on I 130(USC) to save time of processing.
And Jacko,one more thing please--I know there is 3 months residency requirement for DO Jurisdiction of service area for applying N400..
Is there such thing like that exist for applying I130,864,etc?The USC moved(to hubby's) to new CIS local office DO jurisdiction are a month ago(same state).
I do not think it exist but just to confirm with you.

What is the situation ... has the I-130 already been filed, and USCIS is asking for more documents? What about the I-485, was that already filed? Was her married name put on either?

They will be filling up I 130,864,485 etc. in couple of days.
Now the young guys are coming up with doubts.Because of some personal needs they have to file as fast as they can--(The Non-C need to get his EAD and AP as fast as they can).
The docs. need to be submitted with I130 with-- have last name --some with married name and some others with maiden name(earlier they have not much idea of name synch awarenes) .To get the balance docs.normalized to married name takes lot of time because of some agencies are not ready change again within short time!
So in affect they have both last names on USC spouse docs(lease etc).Hence the Q which name to be adopted while applying I 130,864,485 (spouse fileds).
Also the USC moved to hubbys place(same state) just one month ago.(After marriage).It is in same sate but some other DO.
Now the second Q is--Id there any residence requirement of (some kind 3 months in DO jurisdiction requirement akin to N400) for applying I130 864 etc .
?(I have searched --it is not applicable in case of I1 30 or 485 but just to be sure checking with you).

Because she has started using her married name for official purposes, all of the immigration forms I-130, I-485, I-864, etc. must have her married name, except for questions where the birth name or maiden name is specifically requested (e.g. on the I-130 there is a question that says "other names used including maiden name").

But it is OK if the supporting documents (lease, utility bills, insurance, birth certificate, naturalization certificate, etc.) have a mix of her married and maiden names.

There is no 3-month residence requirement like what is there for N-400.

The Non-C need to get his EAD and AP as fast as they can
Did he overstay for 180 days or more? If yes, he shouldn't apply for the AP because it would be useless even if approved.

Thanks for the detailed reply.I appreciate.
He was on F1 and maintaining his continuous legal presence from last entry 2006 (F1)
He need an unrestricted EAD as he has an offer on hand and may go overseas on AP officially for brief periods .

Last edited by a moderator: