Married in India, divorced in the US

secondchances

Registered Users (C)
My ex-wife and I married in India and divorced in the US after moving here. While we were married, I got my passport renewed in at the Indian consulate in the US and they added her name to my passport.

We divorced shortly thereafter and I have since married a US Citizen.

My questions:

1. Is the US divorce valid in India, or do I need to do file paperwork there?
2. What is the process to replace my ex-wifes name with my present wife? Can I do this while visiting India?

thank you,

Not that it really matters, why would they do that? :)

It depends. They probably want details of the person's immediate family members, readily available on hand.

Not to start a war here and no offense meant, but spouse's name makes far more sense compared to having one's religion mentioned as is done on the Pakistani passport :)

Take it easy.

My ex-wife and I married in India and divorced in the US after moving here. While we were married, I got my passport renewed in at the Indian consulate in the US and they added her name to my passport.

We divorced shortly thereafter and I have since married a US Citizen.

My questions:

1. Is the US divorce valid in India, or do I need to do file paperwork there?
2. What is the process to replace my ex-wifes name with my present wife? Can I do this while visiting India?

thank you,

I do not know what your specific concern is ? Many countries have specific requirements regarding divorce/annulments.