Marriage while awaiting I-485 approval

ppm01

My I-140 and I-485 were filed concurrently in 2007. I-140 is approved and I am currently awaiting approval of my I-485.

I am currently considering getting married and have a couple of questions:

1) My fiance is outside the US. In order to get her to the US, is it better/easier for me to get married while I am waiting for my I-485 to get approved or should I wait until the I-485 gets approved to get married?

2) If I get married while awaiting approval for I-485, what is the process that I should follow in order to get my wife to the US?

Thanks much for any pointers.

Get married ASAP and after your I-485 is approved, you can file for her as a derivative as "follow to join". After you are approved, you file an I-824 to initiate Consular Processing for a spouse (and any children) abroad OR.....

....file I-485's for dependents already in the U.S. who are in a valid nonimmigrant status.

Dependents in the U.S. may file I-485(s) (if eligible to file for AOS) while the principal's I-485 is still pending.

If you get LPR status before you marry, then it is a much longer wait from that point forward by filing I-130 for F2A category.

if you are H1 or L1 you can take them in dependent visa .

My I-140 and I-485 were filed concurrently in 2007. I-140 is approved and I am currently awaiting approval of my I-485.

I am currently considering getting married and have a couple of questions:

1) My fiance is outside the US. In order to get her to the US, is it better/easier for me to get married while I am waiting for my I-485 to get approved or should I wait until the I-485 gets approved to get married?

2) If I get married while awaiting approval for I-485, what is the process that I should follow in order to get my wife to the US?

Thanks much for any pointers.