Marriage over 2 years, will be granted 10-year green card?

Ywong

Hi everyone,

I have a question - I am on status adjustment status, if I don’t receive an interview notice when the time of my marriage over 2 years, will I be granted 10-year green card or 2-year conditional green card? Is it a USCIS link direct to this information?
We get married on December 2018 and filed status adjustment at January 2019, till December our marriage will head 2 years but I still don’t have any information about interview yet.
Thank you!

Is your spouse a US citizen? That’s a very long time to wait for AOS if so.

Yes, you will get a ten year (unconditional) green card if your marriage is longer than 2 years at the time you adjust. “Your permanent resident status is conditional if it is based on a marriage that was less than two years old on the day you became a permanent resident.” https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/af...ions-on-permanent-residence-based-on-marriage

Thank you so much for the information! Yes my spouse is US citizen. We married at December 2018 and filed AOS at January 2019, I got my EAD and AP at March 2019, so far I don’t have any information about interview yet. Up to December this year our marriage will head to 2 years. I wonder what is the timeline to receive the interview now?

Thank you so much for the information! Yes my spouse is US citizen. We married at December 2018 and filed AOS at January 2019, I got my EAD and AP at March 2019, so far I don’t have any information about interview yet. Up to December this year our marriage will head to 2 years. I wonder what is the timeline to receive the interview now?
What is your service center? On the average processing time, you are way beyond the norm, which has been around 10 months for the past few years https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/historic-pt
Did you get any RFEs or anything else that delayed the process?

Thanks! My application was sent to Chicago service center. We filed at January 2019, so far it’s been waiting about 20 months. I do not receive anything about delay, the USCIS case check page just say it will be scheduled an interview. What is RFEs?

Thanks! My application was sent to Chicago service center. We filed at January 2019, so far it’s been waiting about 20 months. I do not receive anything about delay, the USCIS case check page just say it will be scheduled an interview. What is RFEs?
RFE is a request for evidence (you’d know if you got one).

There is no Chicago service center (you may be thinking of the lockbox the petition was mailed to). The i130 would have been assigned to one of 5 service centers - California, Potomac, Nebraska, Vermont or Texas. This should be on your receipt notice. Unless you are at Vermont service center, you are way beyond normal processing. https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

I suggest you check which service center you are at and file an enquiry for case outside of normal processing time if it is not Vermont - link here https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayONPTForm.do?entryPoint=init&sroPageType=onpt
If it is Vermont you may have a few months still to wait.

Because you mentioned Chicago Lockbox, it seems that you concurrent filed I-130 and I-485.
If so, you are waiting for I-485 interview.
Check your I-485 processing time at your field office.
For somehow I cannot write an URL here. You can google USCIS Field Office Locator.

Thank you for the information, appreciated!
I already have my EAD and AP, so I will assume I only need to wait for I-485 interview and the green card correct?

Thank you!
I am just curious, my EAD +AP will be expired at March 2021, if I don’t get an interview that time, will they renew them for free? They already gave it free for free when I renew it at this March.

Thank you!
I am just curious, my EAD +AP will be expired at March 2021, if I don’t get an interview that time, will they renew them for free? They already gave it free for free when I renew it at this March.
Yes, you can renew them for free for as long as your I-485 is pending. You can renew EAD up to 180 days before expiration so you can already apply now. You can renew AP up to 120 days before expiration so you might have to wait on that.

Good to know thank you!
Do you also have an idea how long need to wait for the I-484, I believe we sent to Chicago center and the USCIS case status says “as of March 25, 2019,we are read to schedule your Firm U-485, application to register permanent Residence of adjust status. We filed it at January 2019, so far I do not have any updates yet.