Marriage on ESTA

I’m looking to marry my American fiancée. I myself am from the U.K. Basically is it legal to marry on an esta then leave the country and apply for a Green Card from the UK?
Then I heard if I wanted to visit the country while applying I might run into problems?


Well-Known Member
Yes, it’s fine to do that way.
There will be increased “suspicion” of your visits, make sure to (1) take proof with you that you’ll be returning to the uk to wait it out (letter from employer, etc) and (2) don’t visit too often for too long - general rule of thumb is twice as long out of US as in it.