March 2009 Filers for Family based AOS post here

denucci, thanks! I was able to change my name in the SSA and DMV today. :) Weird, DMV didn't charge me for renewing my license/changing my name.

Sunland21, that is good news. i am glad, i guess if anyone on this forum has similar problem they will have the information to help them now.

just a quick update, recieved a LUD today on my Green Card application today saying my case has been recieved by CSC and is now pending! still nothing coming up online for my EAD ad AP.

Justice Apple,
If you see this or anyone who has got an interview letter .Did you guys get the Advance paroel and EAD too ?I just received my advance parole not EAD.
Please let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello There,
I am a U.S. citizen and file for H1-B husband, he is in Seattle, and I am in Atlanta, due to economy we haven't moved into gather yet.
What should we prepare for our interview? It's yet to come..but still any advise..
We shd be together in next 2 months..so prob. before we get letter for interview, we would be living togather hopefully.....
We asked them to send everything on Atlanta address, as he is trying ot move here...but still they sent NAO's for 765 and 485 and also finger prints appointment letter to my Husband's address in Seattle and his fingerprints appointment is there in Seattle today..
Is there anything we should be concern of??

03/25/2009 - Mailed I-130,G325A's,I-1485,I864 I131,I 765 via USPS
03/26/2009 - Received at Chicago USPS Confirmation
04/02/2009 - 1010,355 usd Cheques cashed.
04/06/2009 - Received NOAS for 130 received at Atlanta,GA address
04/07/2009 - Received NOAS for 485,765 and biometrics appointment for MAY 1st 2009 (Today) received at Seattle,WA address.
05/01/2009 - Biometrics Day - in Seattle, WA

Hello There,
I am a U.S. citizen and file for H1-B husband, he is in Seattle, and I am in Atlanta, due to economy we haven't moved into gather yet.
What should we prepare for our interview? It's yet to come..but still any advise..
We shd be together in next 2 months..so prob. before we get letter for interview, we would be living togather hopefully.....
We asked them to send everything on Atlanta address, as he is trying ot move here...but still they sent NAO's for 765 and 485 and also finger prints appointment letter to my Husband's address in Seattle and his fingerprints appointment is there in Seattle today..
Is there anything we should be concern of??

Just make sure that you have other strong evidence that this is a genuine marriage.
Such as:
Joint bank accounts, insurance, cars, house and lots of photos with the 2 of you with your family and friends on different occasions. Also have affidavits from friends and family saying that they have witnessed you being together and know that the marriage is genuine. Just be honest at the interview. THAT is what they are looking for.

HERE's a link to info on interviews.

Hi guys, I got a letter for interview. I didnot get work permit and advance parole yet. My online status doesnot show up.....

LOS ANGELES

03/13/2009 - sent I-130,I-485, I-765 and I-131 via USPS priority mail
03/16/2009- received at chicago lockbox
03/20/2009 - cheques cashed
03/23/2009 - NOAs received
03/27/2009 - received biometric appoinment for April 10th
04/10/2009 -Biometric done
05/01/2009 - received interview letter for June 10th

Last edited by a moderator:
Just make sure that you have other strong evidence that this is a genuine marriage.
Such as:
Joint bank accounts, insurance, cars, house and lots of photos with the 2 of you with your family and friends on different occasions. Also have affidavits from friends and family saying that they have witnessed you being together and know that the marriage is genuine. Just be honest at the interview. THAT is what they are looking for.

Hiii thanks a lot for your reply..Yeah I did sent my join Bank account statements and affidavits from friends and relatives....yeah I ahve lot of pictures too..but didn't send them..don't have a house though =)
But let me know..if anything else comes up in your mind..which I should be be prepare of..
I really appreciate it..
thanks once again...

It's OK if you don't own a house, but at least have both your names on the lease agreement if you are renting.
Take an album of photos with you to the interview. Have copies on 8.5"x11" paper for them to keep in your file.

I will post more if I think of something :)

okay,,thanks =)
But hey about the name in the leasing agreement..as I said, we don't leave together..I leave with 2 of my friends in Atlanta and he lives with roommates in Seattle,,so I don't know if we can have both of our names in any of the lease....
We haven't bought any house or rented an apartment as we don't know yet..if he is moving here.or I am moving there..:confused:

You said you'll probably be living together before the interview.
You really need to work hard to make this happen.
I've read some cases here with people in the same situation.
Some have still been granted their GCs and some have not.
You need to make the rest of your case really strong in proving that your marriage is genuine.
That's all I can think of. Maybe some other people with more experience can give you some other advice.

Hello There,

okay,,thanks =)
But hey about the name in the leasing agreement..as I said, we don't leave together..I leave with 2 of my friends in Atlanta and he lives with roommates in Seattle,,so I don't know if we can have both of our names in any of the lease....
We haven't bought any house or rented an apartment as we don't know yet..if he is moving here.or I am moving there..:confused:

Chelo 7, this good news, you all seems to be geeting your interview about the same week, which means they are dealt with in batches. i sent out my evidence for RFE today so i might have a delay of about a month but lets wait and see.

I am A March 13 sender ... haven't got mine ... Hartford DO .. one of the slowest one in country. ... O well ... I am here

Congratulations guys, you started this group and your applications is moving smoothly. That gives us all hope, 2months to date for your EAD, go earn some moni. Good luck and we look forward to your interview.

fen09aosfiling, is your RFE request related to i-485, i.e medical, because i also got one for medical and the letter that came with it states that they will continue to process my i-765 when they get the initial evidence. I juts sent it out today, so i was hoping mine will come in 2weeks too and that it will really not delay my EAD. i hope i am making sense.