Manchester, NH USCIS satelite office visit - Am I approved?

vsaksena

Registered Users (C)
I am EB2/PD:- Aug 2002. As of May my PD is current.

We were interviewd at the Manchester, NH field office back in Dec 2005 (after retrogression kicked in) & were informed by the adjudicating officer that once the VISA #s are available for our PD, our 485 would be approved. He had also suggested at that time that I should call him once my PD becomes current.

Based on the Officer's suggestion, I called him yesterday & mentioned tht PD was current for us, & he recomended tht we should show up with an Infopass at the USCIS Manchester, NH office & talk to the Info guy & if it is actually current, request for our AOS to be sent to the Officer in context, & he assured that he would approve, while we wait....

Today we went in to the USCIS satelite office as the officer had asked us to yesterday, took an infoapss. got to the info desk, told them that our PD was current.

The lady at the info desk checked the PDs & confirmed that it was indeed current, asked us to get 2 passport pic each of me & my wife, stapled them with the application on the form which is sent for GC (the actual card) printing, and said that the officer is going to go online today and ask for a VISA #, (she said that getting the VISA # might take upto a day or two).

When I asked if this meant my 485 was approved, she said yes, but she couldn't stamp our passports as she does not know what VISA # would be alloted to us. She said that we should get a welcome letter in the mail very soon, followed by the physical card.

Not sure what this means, & what my status is. Has anybody else had a similar experience? AM I REALLY APPROVED?

Would appreciate feedback.

Regards

Vikas

Ain't over till the fat lady sings?

Dallas03096 said:
Vikas
Congratulations! You will get your card very soon. Enjoy your freedom :)
So Dallas, does tht mean I am approved? I might be being paranoid, but w/ USCIS It's many a slip b/w the cup & the lip
Have you heard of a similar experience?
Pls let me know

Regards

V

My understanding is that you get approved when you get assigned a visa number, so no, you are not approved at this moment, but based on what you said, you will be soon. Anyway, congratulations. You are long overdue.

EA

vsaksena said:
So Dallas, does tht mean I am approved? I might be being paranoid, but w/ USCIS It's many a slip b/w the cup & the lip
Pls let me know

Regards

V

Chill... and take it easy.

vsaksena said:
Pls let me know

Regards

V

Update

Got a letter from USCIS saying "Adjustment of status to that of a permanent resident has been granted. You should recieve your alien registration card within 10-20 business days"

Didn't get any welcome letter/ or email/ or LUds

Reckon this is it.

Been a long trip, guess it's over.

wanted to post an update. All the best for all the forum members.

Regards

Vikas

Last edited by a moderator: