Management Consulting category

atl_falcon

Hi, I am a Canadian and I plan on applying for a Management Consulting category - I have been a consultant for over 8 years ( used to be full time prior to that for many years). I will be working in a finance role for a start-up and plan to apply in the Mgt Consultant category, My background is CA, Masters of Accounting, MBA (Finance, US Univ) and Project Mgt (US univ) - the role is senior level. My questions are
1. Can I have a team reporting to me in 3rd country (not the US)
2. Can I have a team reporting to me in the US
3. I will be taking a lawyer's help in documentation is there something I need to make him aware or ask him to mention in my task details
4. Since Mgt Consulting is a broad category what are they looking for in an application to allow smooth processing
5. Do I go to airport or border crossing at Niagara what is advisable or should I go to a border crossing in Vancouver - trying to assess which ones are more supportive of TN applicants.
6. I plan to bring my wife with me after 6 months or so can I apply for her at that point in time?
7. What documents do I have to take with me apart from My certificates, offer letter, task details, company information, company contact details?

I would appreciate any help and support

I guess this must have been answered somewhere, I am unable to find answers will update once my situation changes .. since this has lots of views I am guessing people must be interested.

Your questions are quite basic and quite broad. How about letting your sponsor take care of this.

Thank you Nelsona, I am at a stage where I will be going for my I94 TN stamping ...do I have to go on a Mon-Friday working day or it can be on a weekend. My friend was asked to come back when he went to the land border for his L1 stamping as he went on a weekend late at night.
I will update this thread once I get mine stamped.

arrive at POE, Mon-Fri, during normal business hours is best. dress business attire, or business casual. please update

Dress is not important. However is should be conducted during business hours if the CNBP wish to contact your sponsor.

Hi all,
I finally got my TN visa, I think the letter of support provided along with relevant certificates are more than enough, I was dressed in business attire as that is the way I usually dress for work. The process was simple was taken to a secondary and asked questions about the role, relevant certification which would aid me and if I know the temp nature of the job. The interview was not as stressful as some make it out - I got a feeling that the officers are doing their regular job and not there to scuttle someone's career plans - the questions were relevant and I answered to the point. Thanks to this forum I was over-prepared rather than left wanting for answers. Good luck to people who are in the process of applying.

thanks for the update @atl_falcon . great to hear no issues with obtaining TN status.
curious about your question #1 and #2 from original post, do you have people reporting to you? did the CBP officer ask?

I do have people reporting into the role but they are offshore, he did not ask ..it is usually a trick question just in case he feels your role requires a team for you to deliver. I was prepared for that though was going to avoid sharing any reporting even if offshore as you never know what confuses the officer.

Hi all,
I finally got my TN visa, I think the letter of support provided along with relevant certificates are more than enough, I was dressed in business attire as that is the way I usually dress for work. The process was simple was taken to a secondary and asked questions about the role, relevant certification which would aid me and if I know the temp nature of the job. The interview was not as stressful as some make it out - I got a feeling that the officers are doing their regular job and not there to scuttle someone's career plans - the questions were relevant and I answered to the point. Thanks to this forum I was over-prepared rather than left wanting for answers. Good luck to people who are in the process of applying.

Thanks for the update. Did you get TN for 3 years?

I do have people reporting into the role but they are offshore, he did not ask ..it is usually a trick question just in case he feels your role requires a team for you to deliver. I was prepared for that though was going to avoid sharing any reporting even if offshore as you never know what confuses the officer.

Hey, in which POE you got the TN?

For management consultant position, which is a position outside the organization, reports do not really matter, since you are not their supervisor from an org chart point of view. This is not considered a managerial/supervisory position.

Hi all,
Hello,
I am also preparing for the same - to get a TN visa under the management consultant category. Can you please point me to the right direction - any tips, or threads, or links that were useful? I will be doing a general search on this forum also and whatever I can find online.