Mailing AOS today, moving in 1 1/2 months, what address should I use? Please help

triniqueen

Registered Users (C)
Hey Everyone, I am mailing my AOS ( I-130 and I-485) my question is our lease is up in September and were not sure where we are going to move too yet, and I totally confuse what I should do about my address part of the forms

1. Can I use my in-laws address on our application?
2. Do I risk it and use my own address and just fill out change address form at the post office so I will receive any letter from INS?
3. And for home phone number can I put my cell number, because I’m not sure when I move if I will have the same area code or same number?

Any help or input would be great, thank you.

Why not wait until you have a new address? If it's only a month and a half, why make things compliacted from day 1?

Well there is a possible way, here is an idea !

Normally it takes 1-2 weeks (minimum 5-7 days) to receive your NOA's for the initial filing of your forms, so that can be your reference window to time your filing by.
Once you have your new address ( have placed deposit and cleared credit check to move into new residancy you can send the forms 1 weeks before moving.

As soon as you have your new address secure ( you know where your moving and know the address,) you can time the Filing just before the time you move, however you dont want to send too early if you are not moved in yet and you start receiving NOA's receipt notices, if you are not living there they would get sent back to USCIS,
So once you have a place secured 1 week 5-7 days before moving in I am guessing last week of August (if Sept 1 is your moveout of old place date move into new) Then go ahead and complete Change of address at US Postal service and submit your forms 5-7 days before moving into your new place.

Or if you dont mind waiting the extra weeks wait until you move!

If you do NOT know your forwarding address I would use a family members address

Also remember the New address should be reflected on ALL USCIS Forms.

Last edited by a moderator: