LUD's?? How to track those>>

nyc8300

Registered Users (C)
I loaded up my case number for I-485 on the USCIS system and have seen the LUD change on the 31st of Aug and the 3rd of Sep. However I do not get email notification for those on the email although I did check that option and it says 'Y' on email. Maybe I am issing something. How does everybody track their LUD's so concretely. Do I need to log on everytime to check what's going on with the application???

Also how does everybody know exactly about when their namechecks etc got cleared??

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by a moderator:
diligence...

Not all LUDs generate an email. There are update codes corresponding to each update, and only certain update codes are triggers for email notifications to applicants / representatives.

So, although you had an LUD, there need not be an email saying the same. Generally, when the status message changes, an email is definitely sent, but the converse is not true i.e. an email might come even if the status message does not change.

The way most of us are tracking the LUDs so concretely is by logging on to CRIS and checking LUDs each day.

For lack of something better to do, curiosity, anxiety, frustration, hope ... each of which is making us exercize ......
Diligence!

I loaded up my case number for I-485 on the USCIS system and have seen the LUD change on the 31st of Aug and the 3rd of Sep. However I do not get email notification for those on the email although I did check that option and it says 'Y' on email. Maybe I am issing something. How does everybody track their LUD's so concretely. Do I need to log on everytime to check what's going on with the application???

Also how does everybody know exactly about when their namechecks etc got cleared??

Thanks for the help!

If you want to track all of your LUDs checking daily is the only option. UCSIS system gives you only a snapshot, not the history.

USCIS system does not send you an email everytime there is change in last updated date. They clearly say there that "Your case may have a new "Last Updated" date and you may receive an Email Notification of your case being updated, without the status of the case changing. This is due to internal USCIS processing being performed on your Case. This will be reflected in the "Last Updated" date, but may not result in a different status message."

As for the name check status, you may be able to get the information from USCIS customer service, from an infopass appointment or through contacting your senator/congressman.

Thanks to everyone for the reply. Is there anything that can be pushed by doing Infopass. I guess senator/congressman may help. Is there a time period after I485 application that one needs to get info pass. I know of many cases that were approved with GC in hand within 2.5 months of I485 filing. How come things moved so fast? Any clues?

If you want to track all of your LUDs checking daily is the only option. UCSIS system gives you only a snapshot, not the history.

USCIS system does not send you an email everytime there is change in last updated date. They clearly say there that "Your case may have a new "Last Updated" date and you may receive an Email Notification of your case being updated, without the status of the case changing. This is due to internal USCIS processing being performed on your Case. This will be reflected in the "Last Updated" date, but may not result in a different status message."

As for the name check status, you may be able to get the information from USCIS customer service, from an infopass appointment or through contacting your senator/congressman.