LUD on I-140 and I-485

gc_craving

Registered Users (C)
Friends, I got a soft LUD on I-140 and I-485 on 11/01 (No LUD on AP at all)...what does that mean? This is the first LUD I received after I got the receipts. LUD was same for me and 2 dependant applications.
My details
PD 2001, EB2, India
FP done 1 month ago with no LUDs after FP. EAD cards received...waiting for AP.

Will appreciate you expert comments...has anyone seen soft LUD on both I-140 and I-485 on the same day?

Friends, I got a soft LUD on I-140 and I-485 on 11/01 (No LUD on AP at all)...what does that mean? This is the first LUD I received after I got the receipts. LUD was same for me and 2 dependant applications.
My details
PD 2001, EB2, India
FP done 1 month ago with no LUDs after FP. EAD cards received...waiting for AP.

Will appreciate you expert comments...has anyone seen soft LUD on both I-140 and I-485 on the same day?

Was that the only LUD you got i.e. 11/01? I got LUDs on 11/03 on my I-140 (which was approved in Mar, 2007) and also on AP which was approved last week. I got two LUD on I-485 just the day after my FP (10/20) was done, but after that NADA. ZIP.

A LUD could mean a simple 'looked-into' type situation on your 140/485. It can also mean that your case was touched/opened to gather information. Unless you receive any communication from USCIS in the form of an approval or RFE, one cannot really decipher what exactly the LUD means. It just gives you a good feeling that your case has been touched or looked into, atleast, rather than just sitting somewhere, without any action.

correct

LUDs are indicative of some activity, but without any transparency, any theories are just that.... theories
However, your PD is old and there are quite a few people with similar PD who are getting approved.

So no matter what about LUDs you should get approved soon....

A LUD could mean a simple 'looked-into' type situation on your 140/485. It can also mean that your case was touched/opened to gather information. Unless you receive any communication from USCIS in the form of an approval or RFE, one cannot really decipher what exactly the LUD means. It just gives you a good feeling that your case has been touched or looked into, atleast, rather than just sitting somewhere, without any action.

We are in same stage

My stage also looks like yours please see my signature.
After I-140 approved from company-A then moved to company-B on new H1B and filed AOS with old one for future job.

Here my question is if I want to go India on company-B H1B, before I returned to USA if my GC approved what is my sistuation? Still I can come in on my H1B (company-B)?????

GC_Dec2002 :

Yes.
As long as you have a valid H1 stamp in your passport and H1B transfer notice from Company B, you should be a-ok to travel to India. You would only need to use your AP, in case you moved on to use your EAD. Valid H1B is good enough until then.

I also saw LUD on the long time ago approved I-140 (see my signature). I hope somebody is working in my case.....

My I-140 is still pending

Forgot to mention:
My I-140 is still pending...so I am not sure with the approval part...but thanks a lot with all the comments and you time to look into this. Will keep you all posted if something comes up in few days.