LUD change but nothing else

gvaknin

Registered Users (C)
All,

Our situation is somewhat strange, however I got the feeling some of you have been facing this situation as well, so I'm asking for clarification / advice / direction or all of the above:
Our LUD changed on 6/15/2004 with no changes in the text (still 570-600 days message), and with no other events (no RFE, FP2, etc). here is some background: just around that time, we submitted a request for EAD for my wife that got approved, and that's her first one (I already had my second), and just around that time, USCIS published their intent to reduce the backlog and mentioned something about completing all files that are 20 months or older by EFY 2004 (9/30/2004).
Just to add to this interesting situation, if they would have followed this direction, at least one of the following should have happened:
1. we could have seen faster advancement in processing dates.
2. we could have seen many more FP2 and RFE's issued
3. we could have congratulated many more forum members for their approval.

now, number 1 just went out of the window...and I think we all know why. Number 2 is somewhat true, but not enough, and number 3 is somewhat true, but again, not enough...

I guess by now my note is really 2 issues and I apologize for that (I guess I needed to vent out a little bit), so any thoughts, ideas, advice would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks all,

Peace Of Mind, congratulations!! so should I just sit tight until something happens? this is so frustrating....I know our case is not that old, but since 1/2003, it's been 19 months of silence except for FP1 and change of LUD, but nothing, and I mean NOTHING (!!!!!!) since then.

Gvaknin sit tight!

gvaknin said:
Peace Of Mind, congratulations!! so should I just sit tight until something happens? this is so frustrating....I know our case is not that old, but since 1/2003, it's been 19 months of silence except for FP1 and change of LUD, but nothing, and I mean NOTHING (!!!!!!) since then.

I think something is going on your case. You case has been touched by the case officer. I feel either you will get a RFE or approval or FP2 soon. But keep high hopes. USIC is good for breaking any hopes!

Thanks and waiting to hear something good from you!

GM

GM,

thanks!! I'm begining to think that what a friend of mine, who went through the same process is right. they are making us go through all this thing, tormenting us, making sure that only the people that really want it, gets it. In their eyes, if one is willing to accept all of it (process wise), one deserves it (process consequences, and GC).
Anyway, I'll sit tight, stop chacking my status every day, and try to do it, once a week or something like that. I'm on this forum through the day so much, though.

best,

gvaknin said:

Take it easy. My case status wasn't changed until after my 2nd FP (this is about 21 months). I think something is going on with your case. You'll get RFE or 2FP soon. A guy in my company got 2FP notice last week (scheduled on Sept). His ND is Feb, 2003. This makes me believe that NSC is processing 2003 cases already.

Hey

gvaknin said:
GM,

thanks!! I'm begining to think that what a friend of mine, who went through the same process is right. they are making us go through all this thing, tormenting us, making sure that only the people that really want it, gets it. In their eyes, if one is willing to accept all of it (process wise), one deserves it (process consequences, and GC).
Anyway, I'll sit tight, stop chacking my status every day, and try to do it, once a week or something like that. I'm on this forum through the day so much, though.

best,

gvaknin,

We are waiting for you guys or gals to get approve so that our turn will come. I will be more happy if something is bubbling in your case. Then I will know that our turn will come in near future. This is really unfortunate that we are talking of our cases although people from 2001 are still waiting!!! But we can not do anything for them besides praying for thoese people. Who knows what will happen to our cases in another couple of years?

Best of luck!!

GM

I think you know..., one can create an account on USCIS website and insert your reciept number. There is a Last Update Date field. This field may keep changing..., if changed..., means something happened with your application..., nobody know what happened,
May be if a Kleenex Tissue is not available handy, an IIO would have picked up a sheet from the file and used it...

peace_of_mind said:
I think you know..., one can create an account on USCIS website and insert your reciept number. There is a Last Update Date field. This field may keep changing..., if changed..., means something happened with your application..., nobody know what happened,
May be if a Kleenex Tissue is not available handy, an IIO would have picked up a sheet from the file and used it...

thanks man and i like the humor. :p