<<<TRACKER FOR MARCH - 2002 FILERS>>>>

Sidr, Chill and Cheer Up & sorry for my rant

The 485 process is comparatively lot faster now than the past few years. And it is taking a year or so now. A week or a month\'s delay shouldn\'t make one lose heart.

With the 9/11 tragedy and what happened after that, one would think INS needs to change the way it works. Also, it is overburdened/under staffed (that is what the INS and media says). If they are cleaning up and changing their management style, things would improve (remember the 6 months for 485 approval target). We may not be the beneficiaries but atleast the process improves in the future.

If you are planning on settling in the US, would you rather not the INS and other official bodies have better security and screening processes so that everyone (including you and your family) is safe and do not have to live in fear or danger.

In the worst case scenario, if you or myself or anyone (I can comment only for India) don\'t get your GC, things are different back in India these days compared to 5 years ago. IT pays decent money (Easily 100k rupees/month + decent perks, should improve with market recovery) for those who have 8+ years of experience. And you can get all the materialistic things that are in US back there, probably a lot more variety. Maybe, life style is different but that is where most of us spent the first 25 years and the education we got.

Relax and rejoice for what you have now. Wish you all a bright and prosperous future.
;-)

Hey Guys!! Look for Goodnews at http://www.immigrationportal.com/WebX?50@109.mDflaW9UaFh^331809@.ef

No Title

sidr,
  I am suprised at your statement...At your age, I even don\'t know where Hyderabad is..forget America...suprised at such a huge difference in consciousness levels.

Hope the news about 485 processing is wrong. I firmly beleive that it is wrong...even if it right,honestly speaking we cannot do anything.....that is my experience with this processing.....and may be March2002tracker experience points towards that....

I think all of us has to reduce our levels of anxiety, otherwise without gaining anything, we are reducing our life by subjecting ourselves to uncertainties and anxiety levels....

thanks,
raju

Then...You can do way...

Hi Ramesh,

I have noticed that now. I too think this is the latest update to briefcase. Anyway, you can create a geocities site using i485mar id and then upload the file to that folder and give the link to all...usually it will be http://www.geocities.com/i485mar/MAR_TRACKER.xls

Then, everybody can just have a link to that file. Don\'t forget to upload the file everytime that is changed (same with briefcase too)

And, don\'t forget to add a index.html and add a link to this file. Sometimes I heard that Yahoo will delete the files that are not linked anywhere on your HTML pages.

Hope this works out...

No Title

Hi Guys
        I don\'t have any contact with INS. It is just advance parole which is approved. I am still waiting for my EAD,FINGERPRINT,485 to be approved. I had suffered lot with VSC previously.

Check cashed but Receipt not received ?

My check and my spouse check has been cashed on 4/18. I got the receipt on 4/18, but my spouse didn\'t get the receipt yet. Postal delay may be 1 or 2 days but not 6 days right ? any prob ?

I got my Receipt notice & FP - Please update my record Ramesh

MD - 26th March
RD - 27th March
ND - 12th April
FP - appointment - May 28 at Hartford Connecticut.

vkml, lucky girl - a question on FP

Did you receive a letter for FP appointment or is it AVM message?

Looks like avm not being updated

I received my FP notice. The last name is misspelled, any suggestions
RD - 03/18/02
ND - 04/06/02
FPND 04/18/02
FP scheduled for 05/28 - New Roshell NY
But the AVM is not being updated. It still says application was received on april 6th. Looks like things are moving fast and avm not catching up. Isn\'t it good we get our GC before we know it from AVM.
Ramesh please update my info.

MD: 03/27/02, RD: 03/28/02, ND: 04/14/02, EB2, INDIA

Waiting for EAD

How long it\'s talking to get an EAD?