• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Lottery application for parents

divandgc

Hi All,
Can someone clarify as to how the lottery works.That is I want my parents to try for it but I think they cannot.The thing is that my Dad is INDIAN and my mom is from THAILAND.Even though my mom can apply ,she does not have 12 years of educational qualification and hence does not qualify but my DAD is a graduate from INDIA.Can he still apply by claiming THAILAND as his native country.Also would his age matter.I would appreciate if you all can help.

Yes your father can apply as your mother is eligible.
Spouse are eligible to apply on their spouse native country. so your father can apply claiming native country of thailand.

another issue for parents

How about this ?
My parents are Polish citizens, have always lived in Poland and were born before world war II in Poland, but today this land, where they were born, belongs to Ukraina (different country). Which country of birth would you choose on a DV petition: Poland or Ukraina ?

Go to the DOS web site at the directions for applying for DV 2005 (DV 2004, if they haven't issued instructions for DV 2005 yet) and you will find a paragraph there on how to claim nationality, especially on this kind of cases.
Good luck.