Lost Refugee Travel Document

Raziel

Registered Users (C)
Just wondering if someone can help or has a suggestion on this one.

I have a friend with an approved asylum status "derivative asylum, no GC yet", travelled outside USA with a refugee travel document, lost it yesterday and wants to return to USA. now only have asylum I-94 and a photocopy of the RTD

Should I apply for a Travel Document for him here, or should he try and visit the US embassy? and should we look to get RTD or AP this time?

Thanks for any help

Just wondering if someone can help or has a suggestion on this one.

I have a friend with an approved asylum status "derivative asylum, no GC yet", travelled outside USA with a refugee travel document, lost it yesterday and wants to return to USA. now only have asylum I-94 and a photocopy of the RTD

Should I apply for a Travel Document for him here, or should he try and visit the US embassy? and should we look to get RTD or AP this time?

Thanks for any help

Your friend should go to the U.S. Consulate or Embassy. IF there is a USCIS Office there, the request should be made to it. The USCIS Overseas Director is authorized to accept and adjudicate the RTD request. In that the friend already had an RTD issued it can be verified and arrangements can be made to facilitate travel back to the U.S.