Lost passport

nisha6666

I would really appreciate some help with this issue. My cousin has lost his passport and did not maintain copies, in fact he lost it on the way to Kinkos to make copies! Does the Consulate maintain records in their database? Their website says if the applicant does not have photocopies, the reissue of a fresh passport could be very delayed. He is really anxious since he has to travel overseas soon. If they maintain a database, they should be able to retrieve his info pretty easily - right - even if he does not have photocopies? He is pretty freaked out and I am trying to calm him down! :(

thanks for your inputs!

Check with your employer or your attorney/lawyer from where you applied for your visa. They generally keep a copy of your passport (at least some pages like the first page, visa page, last page etc).

Go with the copy to consulate and they will help you. Without the copy, you should be lucky to get things done quickly. At least you should know the passport number.

Hope this helps.

well, it is tough luck.

for emergency travel the consulate should be able to issue emergency travel certificate and then the passport can be applied for in the home country.

nisha6666 said:
I would really appreciate some help with this issue. My cousin has lost his passport and did not maintain copies, in fact he lost it on the way to Kinkos to make copies! Does the Consulate maintain records in their database? Their website says if the applicant does not have photocopies, the reissue of a fresh passport could be very delayed. He is really anxious since he has to travel overseas soon. If they maintain a database, they should be able to retrieve his info pretty easily - right - even if he does not have photocopies? He is pretty freaked out and I am trying to calm him down! :(

thanks for your inputs!

thanks for the suggestions

I will pass on to my cuz. BUt does the Consulate not maintain computerized records...if he is able to find the PP number, can they not locate it on their database? I read somewhere that Indian passport info is all now computerized. I thought if he was able to get his PP number they might be able to expedite it without photocopies. thanks again!! :)