lOST original I-751 during travel - please help - urgent

klaas

Registered Users (C)
I am currently out of the country.
Iam married to a US citizen and had conditional green card and later got extension letter I -751.

The original I751 is misplaced during the travel. Can i return to the US with the photocopy of this letter or how can i get a replacement of this letter. Can I get the replacement in India.

Please help!

Just re-entered the US this morning using my expired GC and extension letter.
The immigration officer did check if the form was real under a kinda-like scan machine.
So I think the photocopy won't work.
Try to go to the US Consulate and see if they can stamp your passport, even though I'm not sure if they're open for non-emergency cases during these days in India.

thank you need more info

Thanks for responding. I understand that you entered with the 751 document.Did you need any travel document or travel letter with you.

Thanks for responding. I understand that you entered with the 751 document.Did you need any travel document or travel letter with you.

You need your passport, your expired green card and your original I-751 1-year extension.

In alternative, you will need your passport stamped for an extension, in lieu of the original letter. I guess a US Consulate could stamp your passport.

You need your passport, your expired green card and your original I-751 1-year extension.

In alternative, you will need your passport stamped for an extension, in lieu of the original letter. I guess a US Consulate could stamp your passport.

What if the expired green card has been lost? Would passport and extension be sufficient?

If it has been lost during the trip, you for sure need to go to a US Consulate...you will be very fortunate if an airline will get the risk to board you, which I doubt, if you can't demostrate that you are a US resident e.g. with an expired gc with extension letter or a visa stamp.

A passport is part of your international personal identification it really does not mean anything about "re-enter" as a US resident and for that case for a lost passport then you must go to the Consulate or embassy of your country of origin.

The extension letter must be accompanied by the expired green card.

What if the expired green card has been lost? Would passport and extension be sufficient?